Oil in bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THair

Reaction score
Why do people put oil or serum in bleach, I have never been taught this and the salon that i have recently joined do this and i dont understand why does it help the condition of hair or does it apply easier ?

It weakens the bleach, don't see the point personally x

Why do people put oil or serum in bleach, I have never been taught this and the salon that i have recently joined do this and i dont understand why does it help the condition of hair or does it apply easier ?

I used to put morroccan oil in my bleach it makes it more comfortable on the scalp but since changing to tigi I dont need to x

So it makes it more comfortable for client scalp ? So it dosent weaken it, because if you needed it weakened would you not just use lower peroxide. And never heard of this to help with the scalp

What I do is use a lot of oil on my hair before applying bleach as the oil will protect the hair and it does really help as I remember when I bleached last time and now it feel great as I used oil. Felt so good

So it makes it more comfortable for client scalp ? So it dosent weaken it, because if you needed it weakened would you not just use lower peroxide. And never heard of this to help with the scalp

It weakens it slightly so it means leaving to develop an extra 5-10 mins but it helps condition the hair and protect it bu I like I said ive since switched to tigi colour and its alot nicer to the hair/scalp x

I wouldn't mix it as manufacturing doesn't recommend but I do apply to the hair :)

I wouldn't mix it as manufacturing doesn't recommend but I do apply to the hair :)
So do you just apply it to hair prior to applying the bleach to the hair and condition comes out alot better, So it dosent cause a barrier ?

So do you just apply it to hair prior to applying the bleach to the hair and condition comes out alot better, So it dosent cause a barrier ?

I don't think so as mine did lift. Aha

Maybe doesn't lift the same but the hair feel a lotttt better

I don't think so as mine did lift. Aha

Maybe doesn't lift the same but the hair feel a lotttt better
Do you do this all the time or more for people with worse hair ?

Do you do this all the time or more for people with worse hair ?

I only have done one mine lol. Never done on a client but I will try next time as it really work.

before i was using Platinium or Blonde Icing for my balayage clients i would add jojoba or argan oil to my powder lightener to get it to a creamier formula and to also keep it from drying out as quickly.

i like using jojoba or argan oil. both are a lighter weight oil and don't get as greasy as others i've tried. i actually tried doing a global lightener while prepping the hair with olive oil and came out with the same moisturized, healthier results. i still like jojoba better bc it seems to have a thinner consistency and rinses out easier.

also, everyone and their mom has been coming out with oil blends and oil shampoos. using a quality jojoba or argan from the health food store is just as good if not better than the salon blend versions (and probably much more economical).

Last edited:
ok so i use morrocan oil in my bleach and it turns out perfect i actual find it has so many uses....stop bleach from swelling or drying out, helps it stay in place and stops it lifting from roots when doing on scalp, helps deposit the counteracting pigments in the bleach, helps the bleach penetrate into the shaft and i actual think it speeds up processing time and gives more lift i also ad it to my colors i find it helps cover greys and dont make them so course and helps darker colours hold to blonde hair. love it

also, everyone and their mom has been coming out with oil blends and oil shampoos. using a quality jojoba or argan from the health food store is just as good if not better than the salon blend versions (and probably much more economical).

Totally agree with this. Holland and barrett sells a few different brands of 100% pure argan and jojoba oil for 10-12 pounds which is far cheaper when you think of the purity, than some of these brand oils which are blended with other ingredients.

Have any of you used oil as part of a bleach bath.

we use equal amount of bleach 3% shampoo and water

Would substituting the water for oil help the condition of the hair do you think? Or would you still use water and add oil too? Or just no oil? Lol

A girl at my work used to use tigi boys toys serum in it :s

Do you not find it costs more to do the service then? I no my boss would not allow it and see it as an unessersary cost

Surly the condition of the clients hair is more important that the cost of the service and it if does add a significant cost onto the service than charge the client extra

A girl at my work used to use tigi boys toys serum in it :s

Do you not find it costs more to do the service then? I no my boss would not allow it and see it as an unessersary cost

Boys toys? Errr :s

It's obvisley not necessary for clients condition or it would be recommended and every hairdresser would do it.... And of course cost is important!!!!!

Yea I don't know why? To soften the bleach as you say? It did make it a smother consistency.

But as I HAD to point out there if it was messes art for condition then you probably shouldn't be using bleach anyway or use it properly

Latest posts

Back