Oily blackhead prone skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saddlesore

Reaction score
Guys I am going to order the Dermalogica Oily kit so what skincare regime should I adopt in order to take in hand my oily blackhead prone skin?

May seem like a daft question but as Im not a skin geek I have no idea....please give me your best plan of action on a daily and weekly basis.

Thanks in advance

xxxx

Last edited:
Please.....anyone?

What products does the kit include hun? x

Go to a dermalogica salon and ask to be facemapped. They divide the skin into 14 sections and look at each section under a magnifying lamp. They will then advise you which products to use and how to use them. So don't buy the oily kit just yet it may be that you may need some oil control lotion which does not come in the oily kit. Facemapping is free by the way x x

I had a very oily skin until recent years. It's still shiny:D

I'm personally not a big fan of Dermalogica but you may get on really well with it. My advice would be to keep the skin clean without stripping it, which may encourage more oil production, and don't pick or squeeze. Try to eat healthily and drink plenty of water.

Also, try to accept it! I would rather have a skin that glowed than a completely matte one. And... you will age less quickly:hug:

I know I should accept its just so shiney lol feels so greasey and of course I just want to wipe,pick,touch it all the damn time!

The kit has the following in it -
Dermal Clay Cleanser
Multi Active Toner
Oil Control Lotion
Skin Prep Scrub
Climate Control Lip Treatment
Soothing Eye Make Up Remover (sample)
Skin Refining Mask (sample)

I know I should accept its just so shiney lol feels so greasey and of course I just want to wipe,pick,touch it all the damn time!

The kit has the following in it -
Dermal Clay Cleanser
Multi Active Toner
Oil Control Lotion
Skin Prep Scrub
Climate Control Lip Treatment
Soothing Eye Make Up Remover (sample)
Skin Refining Mask (sample)

You need to look at double cleansing with the dermal clay cleanser morning and night.
Use the scrub 2-3 times per week but just 2 to start with.
You can also apply a thin layer of the dermal clay like a masque and leave for 5 mins which will help with oil production.

Lastyly spritz the skin with the toner and apply the oil control lotion while the skinis still wet - again morning and night after cleansing.

I also think those papery things you can buy to lift the oil off your face are really good. Non-pro but I think Clean n Clear do some, they're actually almost plasticky rather than papery, but they do really work. Just to take the shine off your face throughout the day, so you don't feel so self-conscious. Pressing a paper towel or paper hand towel on your face to life the oil works quite well too:hug:

You need to look at double cleansing with the dermal clay cleanser morning and night.
Use the scrub 2-3 times per week but just 2 to start with.
You can also apply a thin layer of the dermal clay like a masque and leave for 5 mins which will help with oil production.

Lastyly spritz the skin with the toner and apply the oil control lotion while the skinis still wet - again morning and night after cleansing.

Matthew beat me to it :). I have really oily skin and use all of these products, only difference being I use the pre-cleanse in the evening as well, and my skin is well and truly under control now; it is a fab range x

Matthew beat me to it :). I have really oily skin and use all of these products, only difference being I use the pre-cleanse in the evening as well, and my skin is well and truly under control now; it is a fab range x

Yeah the precleanse is excellent!

Thanks so much for all your help guys Im excited to get the kit and start!

So its exfoliate,clay cleanse,tone spritz and then moisture lotion?

xxx

Thanks so much for all your help guys Im excited to get the kit and start!

So its exfoliate,clay cleanse,tone spritz and then moisture lotion?

xxx

No no huni

Re-read what it says, its in order.
You ALWAYS start by cleansing and exfoliate afterwards.

Cleanse
Exfolaite (if needed)
Masque (if needed)
Tone
Moisturise

Thats your most basic regime for this set of products. :)

Sorry......it's all new to me I got it now thanks for all it help xxxx

Latest posts

Back