OK which supplier to use as budget supplier? Please vote

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which budget supplier do you think is best quality?

• Hairport by valentine (indian remy)

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Ladylocks

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Viola hair extensions

• Newends

• Heavenly hair

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Smp beauty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enchanted locks (indian 1g)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
Sorry but what are you talking about?? What is there to actually rant about?? Just because she made a comment regarding eBay extensions doesn't mean people have to follow suit.. There's actually nothing to rant about..

I don't do extensions, but had to read the thread because I thought oh my god eBay no!
As said, this is a site for professionals, and as professionals, or trainee's and as such do you not think products should be bought from places try can be guaranteed? Xoxo

I think people just just stick to voting on the suppliers mentioned in the original post or this will turn in to another massive " lets clear up the confusion" thread which is the most confusing thread on here :confused:

Ok so I'm not looking for any arguments. Just wanted to let people know who are on a lower budget looking for some extensions for themselves. I use well known suppliers for my clients and have never used ebay. But I went to remove a girls hair extensions today (she had left them in her hair for 6 months) bad state on the matted roots. But the hair which she bought from eBay apparently for £50 for 200 strands was absolutely amazingly soft! Said she had been using tresemme on them, something I thought was to be avoided? Shows how different all extensions are! Amazed I was. Complete amazed. They felt softer than mine that I've only had in for couple weeks from sjk!

I wash my cheapo clip ins with pantene and they get better and better, I think the silicon coating helps on cheap hair but I understand it makes bonds mushy so no good on bonded.

Btw, a lot of the lower end suppliers championed on here also sell on ebay, just cos you buy it off a website doesnt make it anymore 'professional' ebay forces a 45 day guarantee whether opened, used, didnt buy the shampoo.. whatever! way above what unregulated websites do.

I wouldnt stray over to nails, they buy things off ebay y'no ;')

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I will stick my opinion on here I've been using glamorous lengths Russian hair for over a year now and never had one complain, but since reading this forum I'm going to have a sample of other suppliers, I've got a model booked in next week to test the hair from SJK the Krystal quartz so I will let u know what they think about the difference. But no complaints about glamourous lengths from me.
Alli xx

Sorry just read properly the both I mentioned above weren't in the poll, sorry xx

i use Ebay extensions too after 10 years of wearing them everyday wether it be individual or clip ins i can say that the suppliers i use on ebay are far better and cheaper than other places,not as many overheads etc.
You just have to do your research its a case of trial and error as i have also had many friends purchase from ebay and had shocking hair. i stick to the same supplier each time and never had an issue x

I'm in cosmetology school and working toward my certifications.
I thought I was still allowed to be here. If not, I can leave, and I'm sorry.

Ebay extensions are cheap and they do the job, so I thought I'd let you guys know. My clients have never complained. They last a long time.

I totally agree with you I am certified although i have only used ebay extensions on myself and really liked them I also tell my clients who have a low budget and want to supply their hair themselves to try ebay hair

Ordered once from gg's never again the hair shedded from the bond within 2 weeks had to replace with different hair my own fault for trying to go cheap. I have been doing extensions for over 10 yrs and never had this happen before or since with the hair brands i use

Last edited:
You guise are going to side eye me for this.
But I get my extensions on ebay.

Before I installed extensions, I had them installed on me for years. So I've had nice quality hair, dreamweavers, cinderella, lush, etc. They were good, but I like ebay extensions. I bought them on a whim to experiment with, and I loved them. The problem I always had was the tips falling apart after only a few months of use, and that does not happen with the ebay ones I get.

I wouldn't recommend these to everyone. Honestly I would love to get some balmain hair for myself and my clients, but I'm not certified. I've never heard any complaints from clients on the extensions I get from ebay.

Get qualified with Balmain through sally's hun it is well worth it and not as expensive as you think there fab always sending free stuff through and able to answer quickly any problem over the phone x

Awwww lovely to be included in the poll!

Trade customers can receive trade discounts off our entire range including our beautiful hair!

Trade Account

How about an actual poll where we vote and see in a graph?

I can't see the list but aaa from sjk is good it's quite thick too

Received samples from studio 58 last week was very pleased so just ordered 20inch 1g Indian remy for a client, really excited lol! Does anyone else use them? X

I can't see the list or the poll.. Is it because I'm using the app?

My vote is SJK for price and range, and also Studio 58, their customer service is fantastic! Sorry if neither are on there!!

Alot of professional extension suppliers also have ebay stores so not all ebay hair is bad you hav2 shop about, read feedback and trial hair before fitting it to clients. I actualy found a few times the hair was cheaper on their ebay store compared to their main website.

Alot of professional extension suppliers also have ebay stores so not all ebay hair is bad you hav2 shop about, read feedback and trial hair before fitting it to clients. I actualy found a few times the hair was cheaper on their ebay store compared to their main website.

Ive brought hair from a professional ebay shop before and found them cheaper than the website. Not all ebay hair is crap, ive had some good clip ins over the years, and ive had expensive extentions that didnt last long at all. Each to their own x

I get AAAA hair from belonghair.co.uk and I've never had any complaints and its very reasonable.

I like sjk krystal hair its lovely.
Also transform hair extensions for standard indian remy x

I chose hairport for budget and studio 58 double drawn for my luxury ones :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378568602.234166.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1378568614.227060.jpg

This is 160 bonds of studio 58 double drawn

I use studio58, my clients have been wearing their hair for 12 weeks so far and they are still in lovely condition, nice and soft. Same with my other clients. I never have a problem or a complaint about the hair. People are amazed at how soft it is x

Latest posts

Back