Olaplex as a treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the literature and webinars reccomended a minimum of 10 minutes, but really in my experience the longer the bettet.

I've left it on hours!

After toning rinse well. Apply #2 I then cut the hair. This way there is no down time. When cut is done shampoo and condition hair. Olaplex only relinks bonds you can't over use it. It does not condition. You always want to follow with a good conditioner. Address exterior with protien and moisture as needed.

Hi I have my first client at the weekend Im trying Olaplex on ,she basically has highlights already so where just redoing her roots but her hair is quite dry on the ends , so Im planning on doing a Olaplex treatment 1 & 2 on her...would it be best to do it before or after please .I will be toning the hair after bleaching.
Hi Missy G- I usually use the Olaplex #1 in my lightener , then use the #2 after rinsing. Olaplex is not a conditioner, so if the ends are dry I would suggest doing a conditioning treatment. I would also strongly suggest having her purchase the #3 to take home and use. This will help preserve the integrity of the hair. :)

Thanks for your replys ,also Im sure I read somewhere ,whilst your waiting for no 2 to develop you can go ahead and cut the hair ...is that possible ..or did I dream that ?
It works awesome as a cutting lotion! That would definitely be more of a mini treatment though, normally you would want to make sure the hair is evenly saturated with enough number 2 to cover the hair, which would make cutting with the full treatment on a bit difficult. But it is for sure a good use for a mini treatment!

Thanks Ive done that ,but Im confused if I do it as a treatment after ,is it ok to shampoo the hair after applying toner or do I just rinse and then apply no 1 ?
Depending on the brand that you're using, you may or may not shampoo, before your toner. If your brand directs you not to shampoo after a toner, you will rinse your highlights, apply no2, once processed, shampoo, tone, rinse and then condition. A treatment is wonderful but you will want to use No1 in your lightener to receive benefits from Olaplex as well. If you'd like to also do it after the highlights, you will simply add No1 diluted right after rinsing highlights, then after 5 mins, you will apply no2. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

I didn't think there was a maximum on it?
30 mins is when we see our best results, its not necessary to leave on any longer:)

The #2 treatment is supposed to be left on for 5 minutes because it is strong enough to fix the hair, people might do it different though! You can have it act as a conditioner so you can cut it.
The no 2 should always be left on for a minimum of 10mins.

Sometimes it's best to shampoo before toning as the freshly bleached area dosent take the toner so well sometimes, if I was doing this client I would put no1 in the bleach, then when foiling paint the root with the bleach and the rest of the hair in the foil with no2, then after all foils are in I'd put no2 on the left out hair, rinse shampoo tone (I only put no1 in toner if it's staying on a while) then no2 for 10-20 mins then shampoo & condition :)
shampooing is recommended especially with cream lightener, to shampoo prior to applying no2 to ensure that it is able to penetrate and be effective. You can do this, but you may also apply a stand alone treatment after lightener is rinsed.

I used today as a stand alone treatment. (Her hair was really
Naff before)
15ml to 90ml of
Water no1 left
On 20 mins and then, applied no 2, left on for 20mims
Washed and then used Ghd split ends treatment...
Made hair feel
Amazing!

I used today as a stand alone treatment. (Her hair was really
Naff before)
15ml to 90ml of
Water no1 left
On 20 mins and then, applied no 2, left on for 20mims
Washed and then used Ghd split ends treatment...
Made hair feel
Amazing!
No1 is only applied 5-7 mins and No2 for 10-30 depending on whether the hair is compromised. for future reference, but great to hear that it turned out!

No1 is only applied 5-7 mins and No2 for 10-30 depending on whether the hair is compromised. for future reference, but great to hear that it turned out!

Oh didn't realise that,
Read on there site where I got this from . It just said leave for more than 5 mins, just thought it's normally added to a colour service so 20 mins would be okay.,
Thanks go future ref X

Oh didn't realise that,
Read on there site where I got this from . It just said leave for more than 5 mins, just thought it's normally added to a colour service so 20 mins would be okay.,
Thanks go future ref X

Absolutely! If you need any further help, feel free to ask :)

Latest posts

Back