Olympia Beauty 2014!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done sweet squared.

My train was cancelled this morning making me very late got to olympia at 10.20 thinking OMG here goes a 3 hour queue. I fact I was through within 1 hr 20 minutes. I had a slight problem with my order which was sorted super quick.

I then got to see the rest of the show.

So well done your staff were efficient polite knowledgeable and your displays of products were excellent. And love the folded dreams bargain set.

Love and respect to you all xxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
If you went today what were your highlights? Good buys? Positives? Negatives?

It felt really relaxed today. I saw Doug Schoon at his talk (geek out moment), got fabulous deals on the Cuccio stand: 3 for 2 on polishes and buy one get one free on Veneer (I'm pretty sure that was slightly cheaper per bottle too). I bought some Gel II colour and reaction both at a fabulous price.

Also got to meet up with my 3 nail geek besties and saw the beautiful Rinn competing :)

I haven't been to Olympia for 3 years and it was worth the wait.

Some fab deals elsewhere as well!

Sent from my MediaPad 10 LINK using SalonGeek mobile app

Was brilliant today, not as busy as last year I think, got there nice n early was 8th or 9th in the outside with my mate missy and we were allowed in at 9.30, straight to sweet squared was 15th to be served in and done 5 mins, got my pro tip clips and they were doing deals on shellac and vinylux, woohoo bargains plus freebie full size vinylux wildfire and topcoat, then went to crystal nails, got my stuff and freebie titanium gel for being there early and then went round other stands and spent too much lol and finished by 11am... Awesome but now broke lol

Really enjoyed myself today :D

IBD done a great deal if you bought the neutral collection for £xx (which was vat free) you got the little pink lamp for free aswell, so I saved £60 on that purchase :thumbup: still spent way too much overall :') x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Loved it wasn't as busy as excel got some great bargains! Especially at ibd had a Bowl of discontinued gels for barely anything! Anyone going tomorrow defiantly check it out! Xx

Was brilliant today, not as busy as last year I think, got there nice n early was 8th or 9th in the outside with my mate missy and we were allowed in at 9.30, straight to sweet squared was 15th to be served in and done 5 mins, got my pro tip clips and they were doing deals on shellac and vinylux, woohoo bargains plus freebie full size vinylux wildfire and topcoat, then went to crystal nails, got my stuff and freebie titanium gel for being there early and then went round other stands and spent too much lol and finished by 11am... Awesome but now broke lol

Hi maz

What CND deals were on? I wanted to go but the train route had a few closures that put me off! Feeling a bit gutted now as I really need to get the new clips as my wraps are almost out!

Ps- how are the clip things?!

Olympia sounds awesome! I'm debating wether I should go to the Manchester one next month. Does anyone know what deals gelish had on? What about moyou? :)

I've got it wrong havnt I? Is professional beauty show anything like Olympia? You can tell I'm a newbie :p

Hi maz

What CND deals were on? I wanted to go but the train route had a few closures that put me off! Feeling a bit gutted now as I really need to get the new clips as my wraps are almost out!

Ps- how are the clip things?!

Will pm you deals hun and yea trains were pain but underground was ok, so if you go to,victoria, underground (district) to earls court, then change to Kensington Olympia it's ok

Agreed re the queue at SS, so much better than last time. I guess there weren't any technical issues this time. I thought the deals were reasonable - depends what you're after. The new Lecente Stardust glitters were 3 for the price of 2 which I was pleased about. I thought the pro clips were a bit expensive especially as you have to buy a different set for hands and toes but if you have a really busy salon you may love them.

Hey Ladies!!
Can anyone tell me - is it CND that are selling the pro tip clips? And if so, are the not selling the wraps anymore??

I just wanted to say how great the whole team were today and how good my experience was. I'd been before a couple of years ago and had a terrible experience so it was with trepidation that I joined the line. In fairness I did have to wait 1.15hrs but the whole time staff were going up and down, chatting, giving product info and general help. The stand was fab too, so much to see. There was a great tick system for ordering, plus they found my membership number and verified I could buy the products.

Samantha is such a lovely lady, she spent ages talking to me about a new product they're thinking of stocking. She gave me some free samples to try out and report back to her, love free stuff lol

The guys in the stock area where amazing and so quick at getting orders together, they appear at a window marked "HERO" and they really were.

Then, lastly, at home I'm checking out my "goodies", low and behold I've got a pressie (well I assume it was a pressie and not a mistake!) a free bottle of Vinylux wildfire and top coat - awesome.

Love & respect guys
Karaxxx

Were they doing any good offers ? I may try and go tomorrow?

Did anyone see the lady in the stick on knickers and nip covers? Wow she was brave although she did have a fab figure!

I had a largely fabulous time at Olympia today but unfortunately it was marred by one really terrible experience which i feel will never leave me.
As many of you know I have had some terrible health problems which have left me registered blind and i use a stick. Whilst most stalls were amazing at making sure that my disability didn't hamper my enjoyment and went out of their way for me- one has left me feeling well and truly discriminated against.
I was treated with sheer contempt.
I will not name and shame but rest assured that they haven't heard the last of it.

Contempt?!!!!

Wow shocking Nikki... Disgraceful!
I thought they were supposed to cater more for people with mobility or disability needs?

I had such a great today. My legs feel like they are going to drop off haha. I was a bit taken aback by the length of the s2 queue but it went down quite quickly. The displays were so beautiful but ended up making me tick off more and more in my order book as I made my way to the front lol. I can't wait to play with all the new colours and glitters. I was pleasantly surprised with a few extras that were thrown in 👏👏👏👏
Also loved the show prices of the NYX make up although it was the most chaotic stand there.
And well done to the brave naked lady wearing stickers to cover her modesty. Hope she was paid well.
And who tried the waist trainers on. I lost about 8 inches from my waist...... I couldn't breathe lol but was amazed at how it worked. Can't wait to unpack my case tomorrow and play with all my goodies.

Contempt?!!!!

Wow shocking Nikki... Disgraceful!
I thought they were supposed to cater more for people with mobility or disability needs?
I think it was against the disability Discrimination act to be honest. So I will be placing an official complaint. I wasn't treated with very much love and respect and I think that is about as much as I should say before I do place my complaint. I'm very upset. I was told no-one gets special treatment but I do not feel the DDA is special treatment. I thought it was law? Maybe I'm wrong?

I had a largely fabulous time at Olympia today but unfortunately it was marred by one really terrible experience which i feel will never leave me.
As many of you know I have had some terrible health problems which have left me registered blind and i use a stick. Whilst most stalls were amazing at making sure that my disability didn't hamper my enjoyment and went out of their way for me- one has left me feeling well and truly discriminated against.
I was treated with sheer contempt.
I will not name and shame but rest assured that they haven't heard the last of it.

That really is shocking Nikki. When I went to pro beauty north a few years ago I was 12 or so weeks pregnant and a couple of times came over faint & dizzy. A couple of stands - one very big company - were absolutely fantastic and let me sit down & got a glass of water for me. They were fantastic. A disability is totally different to that and you should have been treated with respect & care and they shouldn't have treated you like that. I certainly hope whoever it is will get a complaint put against them from you as no-one should come away feeling like that. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back