Olympia Beauty! Who's going?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be hot and stuffy and you will encounter people that can be rude and inconsiderate. So my advice is to take some water, wear layers so you can stay cool, wear shoes that will protect your toes from the out of control wheelie bag drivers and most of all take your patience.

Then you'll be just fine. ;)

Thanks Melissab.
Good tips. :)

No problem. The first time I went I walked around in a daze. There was so much to see. I quickly learned. Water is a must have as was already said and if you are going to be there for awhile snacks is a good idea to. People will be pushing and bumping into you. It just gets very crowded. I would go and get what you want first and then look around.

Oh my life.. Pushy crowds are a pet hate! I'd better take my panic attack meds!!!
Do stalls give out freebies at all or is it just discounts?
Thanks for help guys.

I'm going on the Sunday with my husband too. He's been such a support to me while training & setting up my business, not forgetting how amazing he's been while I've had family problems.

He will also (hopefully) stop me from spending on things I want, rather than things I need. ;)

Oh & it will be my first time too. :D

Sent from my rk30sdk using SalonGeek mobile app

No ID needed. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and be ready to stand in line. I always print out a map and make a list of what I want and of the booths I want to visit. It's so easy to get distracted.

* Natalie I hope to see you there. 😀

Great idea doing a map and list!

(another excuse for a list! That excites me!)

I thought I was extra organised by queuing at S2 first, then working the aisles from the outside zig zagging!

I'm going. went with friends last year who don't share my passion for nails...they got bored with me looking at stands for too long :( this year I'm taking the hubby he don't share my passion for nails either but he is strong enough to carry the bags and has extra cash if needed.
S2 is first on my list of stands to visit :)

:cry: I think I'll be alone this year. I have to go on Monday to hear the results for Nailympics, but I think I'll have time to wander the floor. Now that I think about it, I did break from my group and shopped alone last year, so maybe it won't be so bad. I can actually take my time unlike before when I was on a time limit and had to rush! :lol:

Great idea doing a map and list!

(another excuse for a list! That excites me!)

I thought I was extra organised by queuing at S2 first, then working the aisles from the outside zig zagging!

I have had years of training being American and shopping on Black Friday. I print out a map and highlight all the stalls I want to go to, it's easier to find them that way, and make a list of everything I want at those stalls. Whatever is top of my list is my first stop and then I plan it from there. I think there is something wrong with me as I LOVE things like this.

Oh my life.. Pushy crowds are a pet hate! I'd better take my panic attack meds!!!
Do stalls give out freebies at all or is it just discounts?
Thanks for help guys.

It's not too bad but you can get bumped around a bit. Especially at the booths. I have not received a freebie yet. I find it's mostly discounts.

Last year at Olympia was an absolute pleasure to wait in line at the S2 stand. Holly was demonstrating and I've never wanted a queue to actually stand still before, but it was amazing to be in the company of someone who gives so much to us and keep smiling like she did. I will never forget that show because of that.
My husband even recognised her voice from when I've watched the videos and he could tell how much we all love her when people in the queue were thanking her for everything that she does for us.

I also really enjoy watching the screens as you move around the queue of the Educators that do the demos too and the fact that absolutely nobody is grumpy on that stand, they are all smiley which is so nice in what can be a tense environment.

There is one thing that would make the whole experience much, much better for me personally and that would be if it were possible to prove you were a professional before being served. I have a strong feeling that the queue wouldn't be as long.

Wish I was going but ill be in Spain ☀

I usually go alone as no one I know shares an interest going with me. I also prefer to go alone as I can do my own thing :)
I'm currently saving hard for spending money.....

I have had years of training being American and shopping on Black Friday. I print out a map and highlight all the stalls I want to go to, it's easier to find them that way, and make a list of everything I want at those stalls. Whatever is top of my list is my first stop and then I plan it from there. I think there is something wrong with me as I LOVE things like this.

Ahh, that explains it all! You're well experienced at shopping through crowds! (Black Friday is my idea of a nightmare! I think I'd be much more suited to Cyber Monday).

But I see why you would treat it like a military procedure! ;)

I usually go alone as no one I know shares an interest going with me. I also prefer to go alone as I can do my own thing :)
I'm currently saving hard for spending money.....

I usually go on my own too...I like having the time to wander around and look at everything. But it would be fun to look around with other people that are interested in nails too!

Omg I've been waiting along time for this thread haha... I'm going for my very first time sooooo excited can't wait! I'm going with a friend, Saving very hard as I'm going to London on the Saturday to do abit of site seeing then Sunday for the show & then Monday for abit of shopping round London... Hope to meet some geeks there x my main stand is gelish & S2 x x

I'm planning on going. Never been to any of these shows before. Any tips for a complete newbie or what to expect?
Are there going to be big discount, ie. is it worth holding out buying new Gelish/Shellac colors now?

Probably be going on my own, would be nice to meet some of you though!

Oh I can't wait to go. My bf wants to come with me but he came to the beauty uk in NEC in may n he got annoyed with all the pushing n got bored. He's useful to carry stuff but if I go alone I can queue n look around for as long as I want. Need to save lol x

Oh I can't wait to go. My bf wants to come with me but he came to the beauty uk in NEC in may n he got annoyed with all the pushing n got bored. He's useful to carry stuff but if I go alone I can queue n look around for as long as I want. Need to save lol x

Hahaa bf's are useful for bags but not for moaning haha... See u there Vic xx

No ID needed. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and be ready to stand in line. I always print out a map and make a list of what I want and of the booths I want to visit. It's so easy to get distracted.

* Natalie I hope to see you there. 😀

You to xx

I'm planning on going. Never been to any of these shows before. Any tips for a complete newbie or what to expect?
Are there going to be big discount, ie. is it worth holding out buying new Gelish/Shellac colors now?

Probably be going on my own, would be nice to meet some of you though!

There are usually really good discounts with Shellac promo sets. I'm going to wait to buy the Forbidden Collection...and the Intimate Collection *might* be released (although, that may just be a rumour). But if you want to buy lots I'd wait until the show. x

Latest posts

Back