Ombré

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I haven't done an ombré for a while and I'm not very experienced in them - I'm pretty confident it will be fine but I just want a bit of reassurance lol!

My cousin is a base 5 naturally and has level 10 ends from years of foiling. She wants to go for a soft ombré look.

The application technique that immediately sprung to mind was paint the darker colour all over the roots and pull it through as far as she wants, then turn the tint brush on it's side and feather it down, then tone her ends to a beige level 9 - any other suggestions guys?

Next is the product choice - technically I should pre pig, but how am I supposed to pick up the same pieces again to tint them when it's such freehand work and the feathered pieces are random?
I was going to use a level 6 quasi - it will come out like a 5 on her hair, so will match well with her natural colour. I use L'Oreal colours. Any advice would be appreciated x

Hi the way I do mine for this is section in hot cross bun apply your pre pig to roots and as far as she likes then apply the root colour over the pre pig(depending on what way your pre pig is done) then I section hair starting from the nape and start feathering down placing foil on top to protect remaining hair and work your way up then repeat on sides starting from underneath working your way up xx

I'm not great at explaining lol

Mollie has a good technique. What about using something like 6.13 + 15vol to soften the roots and the paint through the lengths with 6.3 + 9 vol or even 6 vol if porous. If very sensitised add a little 6.34.

After rinsing I might tone with a golden level 7-8, first over the roots to the midlengths for a few minutes and then over the ends for a few more minutes so the colour graduates into the level 9 on the ends... This also helps to blend the level 6 colour and add a little warmth to the darker colour if feeling hollow... you could call it (drum roll) "a post-pig" :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mollie has a good technique. What about using something like 6.13 + 15vol to soften the roots and the paint through the lengths with 6.3 + 9 vol or even 6 vol if porous. If very sensitised add a little 6.34.

After rinsing I might tone with a golden level 7-8, first over the roots to the midlengths for a few minutes and then over the ends for a few more minutes so the colour graduates into the level 9 on the ends... This also helps to blend the level 6 colour and add a little warmth to the darker colour if feeling hollow... you could call it (drum roll) "a post-pig" :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha! 😆

Great advice, feeling much more confident now! Mollie I love the sound of that application technique I'll give it a go! Thank you x

Adam why oh why don't we work in the same salon?! Hahaha I need your brain, I need it! Lmaoo! :D Post pig :D haha x

Latest posts

Back