Ombre technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434308447.558160.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1434308491.324033.jpg

Ok ombre Baylage not my strong point!

Have to take lady from 5/75 with bleach slices toned with 55/65.. To the colours attached.

Now choosing colours in fine with..

It's the quickest way to do this and best way!

Would u bleach bath then apply full head colour and then when develop wash and dry and apply free hand baylage?

Or would u bleach bath and then do this all in one? Ie back combing roots and applying root colour then apply beach on mid to ends. And flood between foils? And tone blonde after..

She's has really long hair so was thinking first option lol.. But not sure if it would be hard to lift the colour back out when done full head!
[emoji35] [emoji37][emoji31] my brain is fried, can't think today lol x

When I have a colour correction like this I would:
1) remove/cleanse the old colour out
2) re-colour the base to create a more even canvas, but avoid darkening any ends that I want to keep lighter/blend the base colour down.
3) paint the balayage, and use the base mixture to blend the colour/lowlights at the same time if needed.

I always think it is best to keep it as simple as possible, with the least damage. If you can do it in one step- great, but if you have time for 2 steps and it gets a better result I would do that.

Thankyou, I have time for 2 steps so will do this
X

Depends on if her natural/root color is naturally dark enough for desired dark base or if you need to darken her base as well.
I always freehand my ombre requests using 20v.+bleach on raw/faded ends or 30v+bleach on colored ends, working in 2" wide sections starting @ bottom(hairline) by using full horse shoe sections from facial hairline right around through back to opposite facial hairline about 2"thick, using a plastic board to fan the hair out on to place bleach on from ends to midshaft in a sweeping motion lessning bleach placement on the midshaft.
This is typically 3-4 sections for whole head.
Then I would do 3-4 foils in a seperated wide weave(1/2"-1/4"weave to be colored a good 1/2-3/4" apart in spacing per foil)foils a good 2.5-3" apart on top layer to crown. With bleach run right through root to ends.
Then I would flood the root/base color from root through midshaft in sweeping motion lessning color as midshaft is reached with a little bleach on it through the bleach on midshaft to blend the bleach and base colors to acheive a bit of the transitional fade.

Ragging off bleached ends abot 5mins before base color done and squishing base through the lightened ends tones it nicely to match base color in lighter tones.

Latest posts

Back