OMG changed to Creative but having problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie9281

Reaction score
hiya all.. hopefully u lot can give me sum advice!!
i originally trained with nsi products and have been qualified bout 4 yr n have my own business. i do loads of nails..
anyway ... i reciently did conversion course with creative as i wasnt really happy with nsi products.. i did creative training in jan (so very recent!!) i have done few sets using creative includin on myself.. ordanary wen i do mine using nsi i never lose a nail & infil every 3/4 wk.. can have them on gd 7 month 2..
i did a set on myself 2 wk ago with my new creative products and ive lost 2!! they came off whole with no pressure.. dint hurt and havent damaged my own nail!! what am i doin wrong.. i followed everything i was taught.. correct prep etc.. my model on the day of course actually lost a nail 3 days after and litually just 'pinged off'.. i am very upset as i have spent a fortune. i used the retention on myself but used the radical on my mum n she lost 1 overnight!! any idea's?? x

Hi, you need to go through everything you are doing step by step. Prep, application, finish filing and then go over it again ... until you see where you're going wrong. There really is no need at all for this and it won't happen once you know where you're problem lies.

Maybe you could talk us through your routine, start to finish, so one of us might be able to spot something that will help? You haven't wasted your money, you just haven't got to grips with a new product yet! :hug:

I love creative products.... They last well- way to long- it's all down to the way you apply it tho... Talk us through step by step.- as this shouldn't happen.

But if you work well with nsi stick with them for your clients untill you get to grips with creative.

I also trained with Creative and never had a problem, so like the previous posters have said, it will be helpful if you could talk us through your stages.

Xx

P.S. Please don't take this the wrong way but could you not type posts in text talk? It's really hard to read posts when they aren't written properly. Thanks. Xx

Heya, I use CND for my pink and white etc and I use NSI for colour acrylics, and have used their pink and whites a few times too. I find that they set very differently, with NSI I find that it sets quiet quickly, you litelraly put it on, and start working, with CND (I use retentin plus) you have to pick up the bead, wait a few secs place it down wait a few secs etc before working it. Also with NSI I wipe my brush off excess and just start pressing, with CND I wait and them start pressing, with no brush wipe. Do you think you are pressing the product too quickly for the CND out of habit. Just a thaught xxx:hug:

It is a very big change to go from a product that requires nail filing and primer to one that requires nothing much but a good clean of the nail surface and then application. Using CND is a whole different ball game.

Your solution is simple. You have to change some old habits and do things the Creatve way and not the NSI way.

If your CreatIve product is coming off, then you never got it well on in the first place. Something is causing a barrier between the product and the nail plate. That barrier is either contamination on the surface ( could be oil, cuticle, use of an incompatible product that is not part of the CND system etc ) or it could just be air if you have not pressed the product onto the nail firmly and instead of a strong bond, created a very weak bond.

None of us knows what you are using or how you are working and using it. You need to do everything by the Creative book and not use any other chemical products that are not part of the system. No different powders, no different prep products, no different primers etc. and a new clean brush for the monomer.

My educated guess is, that it is your application technique which is causing the problem and which does need to change for CND. Press the product firmly onto the dry, clean plate and then smooth out with a light touch - making sure you get a good contact of the product up the sides and all over the area to which you have applied your bead. The product works by bonding to keratin so it must get in contact with that keratin, not just tapped lightly and 'tickled' into place. Hope this helps. You will get used to the changes and be glad you did. Let us know if these suggestions helped you.

Last edited:
One thing also i dont know if you do is the 3-2 method. It really helped my application. Apply scrubfresh then your acid free ( if you choose) to three nails. Work you product. Then the last 2 nails of the hand and so forth. Doing this keeps the scrubfresh/primer from evaporating off before you get to it. I learned that years ago and it really really helps.

One thing also i dont know if you do is the 3-2 method. It really helped my application. Apply scrubfresh then your acid free ( if you choose) to three nails. Work you product. Then the last 2 nails of the hand and so forth. Doing this keeps the scrubfresh/primer from evaporating off before you get to it. I learned that years ago and it really really helps.

I have to point out that I have never done this with ScrubFresh and I never use primer and it is not a CND teaching to do this, but it can't cause any harm and if it works for you then all well and good. It has never been necessary for me and I have never felt the need to do it and I personally would not like to break off in between nails and have to do this.

firstly i apologise for the text typing.. think you get into the habit of that easy!

thanks so much for all your advice and comments.. i'll list the prep procedure i use so anyone could possiblity pcik up anything i am doing wrong but to be honest when i read geeks post i am thinking that i am having problems with the application technique! i am a bit of a lightly press and tickle girl (thats how nsi works)

before i run through steps can i also mention that when doing a creative set i only use creative products and have different brushes for different brands. i understand how important it is to keep products seperatly and know how contamination and mixing products can cause problems and do not work together.

so here goes:
wash my hands.
sanitise mine and clients hands
use cuticle away and tool to remove cuticle payin attention to all nail and lateral folds. take care not to touch eponychium and break seal.
wipe off with dry wipe
remove shine in 1 direction from eponychium to free edge with small file, not pressing on and ensuring shine removed
scrub fresh for few mins on each nail
wash clients hands or use water and hand wash in spray bottle..
shape free edge
remove dust with brush
apply tip or form
use primer on 5 nails
apply product on 5 nails
use primer on other 5 nails
apply product on them.

i am just getting used to picking up the correct bead consistancy.. sometimes i think that my bead is too dry .. it is hard getting used to a different product and wanted to completely swap to creative and not use the nsi so i didnt get confused on how to work with each as they are so different to each other. which im sure most of you will have experienced previously..

I have spent alot of money changing brands and hope i manage to get to grips with it.. as i wear stiletto nails i have used alot of product on myself as obviously the structure is different to other shapes so i do need to order more stock but i am put off with losing 2 nails myself, which i never do.. i look awful with 2 missing nails and have 3 sets of square fimo fruity nails tomorrow and obviously looks bad with having missing ones myself. i am in 2 minds wheather to get these off as if i have used the wrong application the chances are the rest wont be secure?? x

thanks for your help girls.. i appreciate it x
:lol:

You need to remove the cuticle away with soap and water, dry, then remove shine, dust off and scrub fresh...this could be where you are going wrong as it's seems from your post that u are washing the hands after scrubfresh and scrubfresh is what dehydrated the nails and prevents infections so needs to be left on the nails. Hth x

Hi.
This is roughly but it Sound like your doing it correct- wash hands at the start then I would get in contact with water or soap again untill after treatment.
Do what your doing and the following Is my advice:
(also carrying on what you already do)

Apply tip making sure there's no air bubbles.
Blend the tip in carefully.
Then scrubfresh.
Apply product making sure it's not too close to the skin.- as this can cause lifting.
Once product is set, fill product evenly and blend well to with the natural nail applying oil.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

You need to remove the cuticleaway with soap and water, making sure you get all of it out of the lateral folds, corners etc.

Sam xx

thanks guys for all your help.. i have 2 sets in tomorrow so i'l be making sure im doing everything you have all adviced me of.
wish me luck. hopefully i'll produce excellent sets, not looking forward to doing them all.. hate doing 3 full sets one after another so god knows why i booked them in toether, it oriinally started with the one lass then she decided she wanted to pay for 2 of her mates to have them done, u cant turn work down can you tho.. i have just moved premises and its been really busy, im loving it but so not used to being this busy!!
x

Latest posts

Back