OMG I cant beleive what I have just seen on Gumtree

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest i called this lady...... she does it all in her own home, she is not "yet" certified to teach so she said any certicate would be given to the trainee after she is certified :rolleyes:, which could be about 2 months. She said in 4 hrs she could do a gel course, trouble shoot any current probelms with acrylic AND do nail art- including crushed shells, glitter, and cracked ice!!!!:rolleyes:

As a few have said i feel sorry for the poor people who believe it!

God this woman is mental she is sending me hate mail now saying I am twisted.
God some people are so sad, and she has changed her advert I hope gumtree listen to my e.mail as this sort of advertising shouldnt be allowed I hope no one listen to her and believes her advert as they will waste a lot of money to learn nowt. If she is training to be a teacher then she should know her self it takes years and lots and lots of practice if she was doing a one to one for people to brush up on skills already trained that wouldnt be to bad as I myself would like to do a one to one, which I am now saving up for or maybe even a conversion to cnd it depends what I can save in the next year.
Any way off now to watch Britais got Talent byeeeeeeeeee:)

Out of interest i called this lady...... she does it all in her own home, she is not "yet" certified to teach so she said any certicate would be given to the trainee after she is certified :rolleyes:, which could be about 2 months. She said in 4 hrs she could do a gel course, trouble shoot any current probelms with acrylic AND do nail art- including crushed shells, glitter, and cracked ice!!!!:rolleyes:

As a few have said i feel sorry for the poor people who believe it!

Unbelievable!

'I also have a teaching qualification to teach and have been in the
industry for 7 years and I am a manchester trainer for 2 huge
international companies'

So basically the above statement is a crock! I haven't received a reply to my mail as yet, not that i'm expecting to!

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]It would help if you could read the advert properly, It only costs £1.00 [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]to put a set of nails on, that is cost of materials, I charge £25.00 to [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]put a set of nails on.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]I also have a teaching qualification to teach and have been in the [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]industry for 7 years and I am a manchester trainer for 2 huge [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]international companies, you have your facts completely wrong and now [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]have probably caused harm so thank you very much for that, next time get [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]your facts straight.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Lisa Kloos[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]One To One Training Acrylic Nails Manchester Manchester community classes courses training[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]That is the actual link to the advert.[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]I dont see that I have the facts wrong either that or her advert is very misleading. [/FONT]

It's all very well picking on this one bird, because that is what you are all doing, picking on her, but let's face it, there are others training without a teaching qual or course accreditation :eek:
I didn't think naming and shaming was allowed on here.

It's all very well picking on this one bird, because that is what you are all doing, picking on her, but let's face it, there are others training without a teaching qual or course accreditation :eek:
I didn't think naming and shaming was allowed on here.

I take it that you condone this kind of practice then? :cry:

She hasn't been picked on and all that is happening here is collegues expressing concern that she is sending more people out into the world of nails believing that they are qualified after 4 hours of one to one and it can only do the industry more harm than good. If we are wrong - in your eyes - in questioning a so called 'trainer', then so be it.

And just for the record, if i was made aware of others doing the same i'd be asking questions also.

First of all I am the lady in question, and whilst i disagree with everything this girl has slated of me, I could have worded the ad a bit better.

I have 7 years experience in nails and my courses are almost accredited. I always explain to my clients that I am teaching the practical side of things and then they are coming back to me to do theory side of things once my course is accredited, which wont be long.

So, once I am accredited it will be a 2 day course with more tuition if the customers require this. There are many successful 2 day courses out there, you just need more practice once you have completed them which again is something that I make clear to all my clients.

As for the £1.00 quote, I may have worded this wrong which I accept. When I did my course my tutor told me that it only costs about £1.00 to do a set of nails in powder, liquid etc, the rest is pure profit. I am not talking about salon costs, furniture costs, I am just making them aware that there is a big profit to be made that is all. I am not doing anything illegal I am merely offering my 7 years of experience, I am totally straight and honest and as soon as my accreditation comes through they will be INSURED to be able to do nails, like any other course out there today. I appreciate that the wording could be a bit better so will re-word that, and I have worked my bum off training with different people and learning all different techniques in my 7 years of training and my nails are fantastic. I have helped a lot of people that have also come to me that have trained with inferior people who know nothing about nails and now have gone to be successful technicians now they now about the proper preparation etc.

Last edited:
Please don't flame someone who is trying their best to break into the business. Constructive criticism and advice is always welcome as I am trying really hard to make this work.

As part of my ongoing training, I have recently completed the 7303 PTLLS teaching qualification which I passed with flying colours. I have recently been trained by 2 accredited international companies and I am about to start running their courses.

So, you see that I am genuine about making this work properly.

Last edited:
I take it that you condone this kind of practice then? :cry:

She hasn't been picked on and all that is happening here is collegues expressing concern that she is sending more people out into the world of nails believing that they are qualified after 4 hours of one to one and it can only do the industry more harm than good. If we are wrong - in your eyes - in questioning a so called 'trainer', then so be it.

And just for the record, if i was made aware of others doing the same i'd be asking questions also.

I have no idea why you think I condone it?? For the record, I think trainers should be qualified to teach, and courses should be accredited. I just didn't like the way someone was being attacked. I also understood from what was said that she was probably awaiting accreditation for her courses, which now she has confirmed she is. There are many many trainers out there offering courses that many of us feel are too short, but sometimes short courses are excellent... I have done short and long and some longer ones are rubbish and some shorter ones are great... this subject has been discussed on here over and over and over... it all depends on the tutors ability to deliver teaching and the students abiity to learn, coupled with any natural aptitude.

At the end of the day, it is the students decision who they train with, how much they pay for it, how much they practice afterwards etc etc

We cannot stop short courses from being offered, in the same way that we cannot stop Argos selling Rio. Life is full of choices and that's the way it should be.

Hi Lisa

Many thanks for taking the time posting to set the record straight. I'm sure following your clarification everyones concerns will be answered.

First of all I am the lady in question, and whilst i disagree with everything this girl has slated of me, I could have worded the ad a bit better.

So word it better, perhaps as an introduction course.
You make it sound like you can teach them everything in 4 hours.

I have 7 years experience in nails and my courses are almost accredited.Make up your mind, you say "almost" in one post, then you say you "are" in another (on the same day) ... (Thats not good enough) I always explain to my clients that I am teaching the practical side of things and then they are coming back to me to do theory side of things once my course is accredited, which wont be long.

They will need alot more than 4 hours to be accredited and insured enough to work on others (as you should know), I'm sure you have done more than 4 hours.
To me, you seem to be trying to make a quick buck (and in the process churning out students that will only discredit our industry.

So, once I am accredited (you said you were earlier on today) it will be a 2 day course with more tuition if the customers require this. There are many successful 2 day courses out there (your students won't be insured to work though), you just need more practice once you have completed them which again is something that I make clear to all my clients.

As for the £1.00 quote, I may have worded this wrong which I accept.

So change it !!!!

When I did my course my tutor told me that it only costs about £1.00 to do a set of nails in powder, liquid etc, the rest is pure profit. I am not talking about salon costs, furniture costs, (or labour) I am just making them aware that there is a big profit to be made that is all. I am not doing anything illegal I am merely offering my 7 years of experience, I am totally straight and honest (so change what you have already admitted is misleading) and as soon as my accreditation comes through they will be INSURED to be able to do nails, (they can't possibly be insured after 4 hours and technically you taught them when you were not accredited) like any other course out there today. I appreciate that the wording could be a bit better so will re-word that (so do it, i'll look forward to seeing your re-wording) ,and I have worked my bum off training with different people (what are your qualifications, you don't mention them)? and learning all different techniques in my 7 years of training and my nails are fantastic (I don't see any gallery on your page). I have helped a lot of people that have also come to me that have trained with inferior people who know nothing about nails and now have gone to be successful technicians now they now about the proper preparation etc. (etc must cover alot)

You also mention teaching in e-files (drills) do you have qualification (from an e-file company which surely should have taught you initially)to teach in this area also.

Let us know a few more specifics about you. Maybe this will help us understand and repect you a little more.

You also mention 2 major "HUGE" companies that you will be teaching for (taking over their traininng nonetheless), yet don't name their products (surely you have qualifications from these companies that you can be proud of) and in turn them proud of you.

So really you should have quite a few qualifications to teach such a broad spectrum of techniques and products.

You really should list all of these qualifications to make you look less of a charlatan.

I have already written you a personal email via your website concerning my feelings in this matter.

Last edited:
Lisa just another query,your profile states you have been in the industry since 2003 yet you say elsewhere 6/7 years. Maybe being more accurate in what you write (be it here on elswhere) would avoid misunderstandings and assumptons :idea:

Hiya Lisa I know I am not one of your best friends at the moment but after reading your advert on Gumtree I was a little bit worried as to what you could teach people in 4 hours to then go out and work on the public as you know yourself it takes years to learn properly and lots of training ,I have been training myself nearly two years and I dont feel competent yet to work on the public so I just do friends and familly.
I think maybe your advert was just worded wrong sounds to me like you will be great to do one to one for people like me who need someone to iron out the kinks I did a full week in a local salon they offered me to rent a chair but I didnt take it as I didnt think I had, had enough confidence or training to be let loose on the public as I had only just finished my gel training so to me if I had done a 4 hour course for a begginer no way would I have had the training you need .
But next year I am gonna go on a course with CND so I think then I will feel more confident and also will have enough saved up for material costs.
So please dont be angry with me I was just worried as for a newbie 4 hours is no way long enough.:)

You all seem to have very strong views on the long v's short courses and I seem to have fallen right in the middle of it. As I stated, I am at the beginning of a long road as I have only recently started to train (I have been a nail tech for approx 6 years).

When my accreditation is accepted I will be able to offer proper certificates to all new students over a 2 day course. For those who have already completed my one day course I will offer them the chance to complete further training which will enable them to get their certificate. This certificate will enable them to get full insurance. :)

I would rather not mention the name of the 2 companies who I will shortly be representing. As this a very emotive message board, I am worried that some people might flame me to those companies. I am busy trying to build up my reputation at the moment and can't afford to have anything get in the way of that. I hope you understand. When I am more established in these companies I will be offering their full 7 day course that will give students much more experience.

I would appreciate any friendly advice in the future, however I am not sure whether this thread is the propper medium for this as I don't always have time to respond to message boards.

I will be changing the wording in my advertisment based on your advice and will be updating my website with new courses when available.

:)

Would it be possible to see some of your work, im sure im not alone in wanting to look.

Thanks Lisa for coming on line to answer the questions re your ad....i suggest that any further questions to Lisa about this be done via PM. Many Thanks x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back