OMG Spray Tan mishaps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicz1234

Reaction score
Hi guys omg had 3 tans to do last night and god what a disaster. To start the lady I was spray tanning was very nervous so I was trying to calm her nerves. My new spray gun and machine will be here today thank god!!!!! Anyway I was using the HVLP VIP machine which I wouldn't advise people to buy. Anyway to start the trigger clips pulled out so I fixed that then the spray from the front of the gun started spurting out as there appears to be an extra hole which has formed. I turned the volume of the gun down then it stopped spraying , the cup wouldn't screw back on and the plastic bit broke argggggghhh. I managed to get the 3 tans done over a period of 2 n half hours!!! I have been spraying for over a year so it's not like I don't know what i'm doing good job I do as don't know what I would have done if I had just started out!!! Thanks god the ladiess weren't aware of all the problems I was having they were only aware the cup bit had broken. So I managed to do a tan it was a bit speckly looking when it came out but when they wash that will sort itself, god I have never been so stressed. Just had to share this with everyone. x

Hi guys omg had 3 tans to do last night and god what a disaster. To start the lady I was spray tanning was very nervous so I was trying to calm her nerves. My new spray gun and machine will be here today thank god!!!!! Anyway I was using the HVLP VIP machine which I wouldn't advise people to buy. Anyway to start the trigger clips pulled out so I fixed that then the spray from the front of the gun started spurting out as there appears to be an extra hole which has formed. I turned the volume of the gun down then it stopped spraying , the cup wouldn't screw back on and the plastic bit broke argggggghhh. I managed to get the 3 tans done over a period of 2 n half hours!!! I have been spraying for over a year so it's not like I don't know what i'm doing good job I do as don't know what I would have done if I had just started out!!! Thanks god the ladiess weren't aware of all the problems I was having they were only aware the cup bit had broken. So I managed to do a tan it was a bit speckly looking when it came out but when they wash that will sort itself, god I have never been so stressed. Just had to share this with everyone. x

Well done you on being so professional that the clients didn't even know about the main mishaps.Some therapists would have panicked but you got there in the end.x

Thanks Babs :D. Just hope the tans have worked out ok as this is the only disaster I've had. At least I ordered my new machine before all this happened so won't have a delay in doing tans. Had a large glass of wine once I got in last night lol. I was so angry with spray gun and machine I couldn't even take it out car and look at it last night lol x

Well done you delt with it very good and professional :)

and your new machine will be here today anyway so you wont need to go through that again ( hopefully ) :D xxxx

i remember in college being told that if you had made a mistake don't EVER let the client know there was a problem and that's the sign of a true professional... so well done you! if you can deal with all that and still managed to give a good tan then you can deal with anything! :D

x

Latest posts

Back