OMG they fell off AFTER A FEW HOURS !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The products that Essential are selling are the Dream range that Jacqui Jefford's promoting but as quite rightly said the glue, primer and gel prep (all Essential Nails branded) are for the nail trainer only.:)

Good grief! I've never agreed with all learning done on a plastic hand (practice as part of a 'real' training course, yes, absolutely). But this is the first time I realised that the products are different too!

So, why don't hairdressers learn colouring on a plastic head with nylon hair using different colouring products than used in a salon; why don't beauty therapists learn waxing on a plastic leg with something that isn't wax; why don't dentists learn how to fill teeth on a plastic jaw with plastic teeth and 'fillings' that are different from those used on real teeth?

Good grief! I've never agreed with all learning done on a plastic hand (practice as part of a 'real' training course, yes, absolutely). But this is the first time I realised that the products are different too!

So, why don't hairdressers learn colouring on a plastic head with nylon hair using different colouring products than used in a salon; why don't beauty therapists learn waxing on a plastic leg with something that isn't wax; why don't dentists learn how to fill teeth on a plastic jaw with plastic teeth and 'fillings' that are different from those used on real teeth?

:lol: Crazy isn't it?

im learning hair at the moment, and i am using a plastic head, with synthethic hair and colouring it with products that arent used in a salon,
when my tutor thinks im competant in certain areas im allowed to progress to a live one!!!

i re did the nails had to file off al the gel as a few were broke off at the tip the other were perfect so i made them shorter and put another thicker coat of gel on them!!
However we went out last night all she did was play pick and put them in her mouth!! So im thinking maybe it wasn't all my fault after all !
the after math she phoned today she has a crack in one of her nails the one she was chewing on all night , im thinking im not doining them again am i right to think that ??

If as you said, yours are fine, then i would be inclined to blame her 'said' care of these enhancements.
I mean after all, you witnessed with your own eyes, how this client treated her enhancements, did you not??
I would not recommend home learn, but am totally going by what you have posted.:hug:

I also have the Essential home learning course, i then went on a CND L&P course, and my good there is a diffrent, honestly i don´t think that you can learn very much from this courses, you need to see it i realy life, learning from an expert who can guide you through ever single steep of the proces, but that is just my opinion :lol:

If its the Essential Nails course you are doing I know the primer that came in the courses I had was not to be used on real nails, only the trainer hand as a few Geeks have already said. The kit at the time had that printed on the bottles and in the course litterature. The only bit of those courses I used in the end was the trainer hand. :hug:

Last edited:
im learning hair at the moment, and i am using a plastic head, with synthethic hair and colouring it with products that arent used in a salon,
when my tutor thinks im competant in certain areas im allowed to progress to a live one!!!

Now that's a good progression, especially with hair. Trouble with the topic being discussed here is that there is no progression to 'a live one'!!

i think what im trying to get at here, is that the poster is using products on her nails and clients nails that are only meant for use on the nail trainer hand,

she is then complaining about the products

it clearly states in these kits that they are for the nail trainer only, and does not advise anywhere that you should practice on your own or anyone else during the training or using the products,

it also states that you are not competant until you have submitted your work, and have passed the course, not until then are you meant to go anywhere near a live one!!

once the course has been passed then you are free to gain insurance and do live clients

sorry but this topic riles me!! lol ( can you tell)

were you using the products in the essential nail home learn course on your friend?

as i think the products supplied are only for the use on the nail trainer hand, i e the adhesive is not recommended for use on people etc
not sure about the gel, but when i did the acrylic course the primer for example in the kit was half strength, due to it only being needed for a plastic nail, and not a real person,

im sure they also say that you should use the products supplied in the kit only on the nail trainer, and AFTER completeing the course can you then purchase products that are suitable for humans
hth
no i used a proper glue for the tips and a new pink gel !!

Read this chick. It is an excerpt from my book on enhancement techniques ... I'm sure it should help you and it describes how to 'scrub' that first layer of gel onto the plate.

'nailclass' by Gigi Rouse - available from Mundo Products
Hi i have just brought your book it's fantastic i have read it 3 times and the improvent in the way the nail looks is unbelivable im so glad i found it thanks for writing it !! The only part i find a little confusing is the lower arch can you suggest any tips that already have lower arch provided ??:lol:

i think what im trying to get at here, is that the poster is using products on her nails and clients nails that are only meant for use on the nail trainer hand,

she is then complaining about the products

it clearly states in these kits that they are for the nail trainer only, and does not advise anywhere that you should practice on your own or anyone else during the training or using the products,

it also states that you are not competant until you have submitted your work, and have passed the course, not until then are you meant to go anywhere near a live one!!

once the course has been passed then you are free to gain insurance and do live clients

sorry but this topic riles me!! lol ( can you tell)
NO i do not use the products meant for the trainer on my client and futher more how dare you talk about me as if i am stupid i am a qualified beauty therapist and hairdresser and also trained to do acrylics with Denise Wright from NSI when i was at college you have riled me ! I asked for advice not a lecture !!:mad:

hI LADIES
my friend offered her nails to me to practise on i am doing a home learn gel course so of course i sacked betty the trainer hand and said yes !!
So today was the day when i looked at them they were really badly bitten not even enough f. edge to file for the tip, anyway i did everything as i should really made sure i preped them well.

when id finished i was really pleased with how they looked gave her the care lecture bla bla and so on !!
a coulple of hours later she txt to say 2 had come off and a few were cracked HOW ???
CONFUSED as to what went wrong was the gel to thin (applied 3 coats) cured for 3-4 mins each time did i over file help please hugh loss of confidence going on now !!:confused:

NO i do not use the products meant for the trainer on my client and futher more how dare you talk about me as if i am stupid i am a qualified beauty therapist and hairdresser and also trained to do acrylics with Denise Wright from NSI when i was at college you have riled me ! I asked for advice not a lecture !!:mad:

Reading this did sound like you did use the products that came with your home learn course....and there are many people who are doing that home learn course who would find lotus blossom's information very useful.

No-one has spoken to you like you are stupid and there was no lecture...just advise.

Reading this did sound like you did use the products that came with your home learn course....and there are many people who are doing that home learn course who would find lotus blossom's information very useful.

No-one has spoken to you like you are stupid and there was no lecture...just advise.
yes i must apolgise for my outburst and i do appreciate all the advice
please accept my appology lotus-blossom and i can asure you i used the correct products and will not be performing gel again till i have passed stick to acrylics for the time been ..

I know this is a bit off topic now, sorry. I see in your profile you use Alan Roy Acryllics. I went to the shop and it says its self leveling. I've seen that term for Gels before but how does it work with L&P? Do you need to work extremely wet?

I know this is a bit off topic now, sorry. I see in your profile you use Alan Roy Acryllics. I went to the shop and it says its self leveling. I've seen that term for Gels before but how does it work with L&P? Do you need to work extremely wet?
hi well i make sure that it's all perfect myself so i couldn't say i have never used it really wet you still need to see the ball go smooth and shiney.. they are lovely to work with though and make a beautiful nail !! hope that helped a little :lol:

Now that's a good progression, especially with hair. Trouble with the topic being discussed here is that there is no progression to 'a live one'!!

our plastic heads at school have real hair. as a matter of fact, everyone had to comb nits out of the hair and wash the head before it could be used *gags*
i believe the hair comes from china or india

our plastic heads at school have real hair. as a matter of fact, everyone had to comb nits out of the hair and wash the head before it could be used *gags*
i believe the hair comes from china or india
we had to do that when i did my training lol it's not nice mind you when you see the lice it's even worse haha !!

Latest posts

Back