Omg...what is wrong with the world today??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know when shes not available? ,maybe when you go along to her next appointment , say something along the lines your reducing your hours due to personal circumstances ,or hubbys changing job,your restricted to what hours you can do now due to someone looking after the kids..something along those lines , in other words your not available when she needs you.

I used to have an akward client,really fussy and from day one she told me she couldnt afford to have her nails done, and was always trying to get them cheaper...she eventually bounced a cheque on me to get a set of nails free Im sure!

She emailed one day saying what a lovely person I was but wasnt happy with my nails ,said she d lost her cheque book and that the cheque would bounce ...yeh right , she just wanted a free set...

She then gave me the opertunity to come and sort them out or waver the cheque, and call it a day !!Well you can guess which one I accepted ..hurrah opertunaty to get rid of her.I forwarded her another nail techs phone number, as a good will..someone who charges more than me so I wasnt passing the buck ,and knew she wouldnt want to pay her prices.

Do you have her email address,it might be easier to send her an email,stateing circumstances have changed and due to the situation you may feel uncomfortable in future.

Good luck with it , let us know how you get on.:hug:

Maybe she just wanted the stain removed! She asked you to contact your insurers which is fair enough, she probably just wanted to know where she stood on making a claim. Then when she thought about the hassle of waiting for the insurers she changed her mind and just decided to pay for it herself! She didn't ask for a new carpet just a stain cleaning.

I'm not entirely sure what she has done wrong here as after you explained the situation she said o.k I'll just pay myself! Then she has also brought you a christmas present, said her nails were great and that she appreciated that you had done her a good deal. She sounds like a lovely client to me. :hug:

Like Zo Zo f it was me I would have cleaned the stain at the time and if it didn't come out I would have booked a stain removal company just out of good will, then I'd have no doubt that the money went towards that, even if I just offered to pay half.

Alot being said that's really good so I don't want to repeat anything, but another line of thought here: Sometimes the hardest step to emotional maturity is resolving conflict. Generally people carry around a string of unresolved conflict with them their entire lives.

With this situation, you have opportunity to grow as a person, and to resolve this with grace and maturity. Your heart certainly sounds in the right place and you are humble enough to be willing to accept the consequences, which in reality is just paying for a carpet cleaning -- whether you do a professional service or you go over there and do the job yourself.

I suspect along with some of the other gals that this was a lapse in good judgement by your customer. She has come to her senses, and wants to make peace (but hasn't quite gotten to the place of apologizing for causing you the upset. That takes alot more courage.)

I agree, I would accept the gift with thankfulness. Apologize again and do look at the stain. If it is truly there, then I would offer the cleaning service. If not... then you realize clearly that she had gone off her rocker for a moment and has now seen the foolishness of her behavior.

I say that from experience... occasionally my brains drip out the back of my head, and I do or say the stupidest things! But then eventually I realize I've been an idiot and apologize for my lapse of judgement. :rolleyes:

If it were me... I think I'd try to work through the discomfort with this customer until my emotions were either changed by better behavior from her in the future, or confirmed by further foolishness. Then, there would be no doubts down the road about how things would be, because you'd have had more than one experience with her to be able to really judge whether this business relationship with her was worth pursuing or was really a drain on you emotionally.

Cat

It was a genuine accident, and I'm not sure how an insurance claim from you would stand up as she gave you the coffee, and it was not an accident as a result of your professional negligence. I think in these circumstances she would need to contact her insurance company, and of course she will no doubt have an excess which will no doubt mean she is not covered.

However I think if I was in her shoes I may have reacted the same - been a bit cross and asked for compensation of some kind when I'd been confronted with a bill, and then calmed down and made my peace offering.

She will only get offers and freebies if you offer them to her - would you say heck no I'll pay full price if someone said don't worry I won't charge you more?!!!! Charge the full price and value your own worth.

In the meantime take her olive branch of peace and keep her as a valued client - boy most of us need all we can get at the moment! :hug::hug:

In the meantime take her olive branch of peace and keep her as a valued client - boy most of us need all we can get at the moment! :hug::hug:

I have to agree, don't lose a client over this. I personally would just forget it and give her a ring (as I don't like texting clients) and wish her merry xmas. Some people are just like that i'm afraid. :hug:

Latest posts

Back