On advice I have a new website. What do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemissm

Reaction score
Hi I on the advice of some geeks I have made a new website. I am really happy with it . Most of my work is Afro hair & the site is really just a photo gallery of some of my work.. I won't really be advertising the site it's more for clients who want to see a bit more of my work. Can you let me know what you think. ThanksHAIR DESIGN UK - INTRODUCTION

Hi I on the advice of some geeks I have made a new website. I am really happy with it . Most of my work is Afro hair & the site is really just a photo gallery of some of my work.. I won't really be advertising the site it's more for clients who want to see a bit more of my work. Can you let me know what you think. ThanksHAIR DESIGN UK - INTRODUCTION

Hi Littlemiss -

A little constructive criticism, not to be taken personally.

White writing on black backgrounds are not easy on the eye and are generally not recommended professionally. Do not substitute symbols for words (& should be written as and). Make sure your spelling and punctuation is correct throughout with the correct spacing between sentences. Make use of professional constructive wording and paragraphs. Use capital letters where necessary and especially on tabs and headings. Thank you isn't really necessary at the end of your paragraph. You have no copyright markings - remove the weebly advertisement at the bottom of the page. HTH.

The pictures are great.

Nice layout and plenty of pics of your work.

There is no pricelist / hours or a contact number.
Maybe spread out the first page as it looks like a block of writing and I lost where I was reading. (Hope that made sense)

I agree on the white writing on black background it made my eyes go fuzzy - but then I'm not sure if it's to do with me being up early?

Well done for doing it all on your own.

I use weebly too, and I love it ;) x

Leely x

Hi Littlemiss -

A little constructive criticism, not to be taken personally.

White writing on black backgrounds are not easy on the eye and are generally not recommended professionally. Do not substitute symbols for words (& should be written as and). Make sure your spelling and punctuation is correct throughout with the correct spacing between sentences. Make use of professional constructive wording and paragraphs. Use capital letters where necessary and especially on tabs and headings. Thank you isn't really necessary at the end of your paragraph. You have no copyright markings - remove the weebly advertisement at the bottom of the page. HTH.

The pictures are great.

Hi thanks for your response but I'm confused when you say using symbols as words as I haven't also I had spell check on so there wouldn't have been any spelling mistakes.

There is definitely a couple of spelling mistakes, and some spaces are needed between words (after commas) and I can see one & (instead if and).

That was at a quick glance. Spell checkers aren't reliable I'm afraid. I have to get everything I do proof read.

Jemima :)

Hi thanks for your response but I'm confused when you say using symbols as words as I haven't also I had spell check on so there wouldn't have been any spelling mistakes.

Ok constructively not personally:

I love the pictures, your clearly great at what you do.
I agree with others that the colour scheme isn't easy in the eye!

In the opening paragraph there should be a space after all the comma's.

I also agree that you should break it up a bit right now it's a chunk of writing. Also there are capital letters randomly in the middle of sentences- use italic if your trying to emphasise a word as capitals are a bit harsh as if one is shouting.

Punctuation needs checking thoroughly I can see quite a lot of mistakes.
And I don't like two phrases: the first- "ladies and afro hairdressing" surely it should be "ladies European and Afro hair dresser or something the top one may connote the wrong kind of difference if you get me.

Secondly if you want to attract more afro hair customers take out the bit which says "Afro hair isn't easy to maintain, as some think it is" as anyone with Afro hair will know it's damn hard to maintain - I don't know a single person with Afro hair who thinks otherwise! We know our hair is a lifetime of hard work! Maybe just take out the as some think it is???

Set aside your contact details out if the paragraph do it's clear for ppl to see- they won't want or might not have time to read the whole thing to get your number!

This is just to take your website from good to perfection hun!

The work that you do is amazing. I can't even plait properly!
Rather than wading through and getting bogged down with grammar and typos, why don't you get a professional copywriter to review it for you? They do this day in and day out and can build in SEO for you (raising your site through Google ranks).

You can get someone to do this for you from about £30. It will make a big difference and is one less thing to do!
The link below is an example ( I haven't used them as my sister checks things for me! Both of these have good feedback but there are lots of others :)

www.peopleperhour.com/hourlie/link/42622 - I can write professional SEO optimised website ...

Or,

http://www.peopleperhour.com/hourlie/link/52934 - I can write great copy for your website for onl...

Last edited:
The first thing I notice is that you've lifted an image from the web and plonked it into your header.

It even has the 123RF (a well known stock images website) watermark on it!!

This is illegal and you can (and probably will) be sued if you don't remove that immediately.

You can't use images you've just found on the web. You either have to take the photo yourself/have created an image- or have a professional do it for you.

You have used the symbol '&' instead of writing 'and'. Professional websites will not contain symbols in place of letters. HTH.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Straight away, I like the colours you used. Very pleasing to the eye.

The intro needs paragraph and a larger font. I agree about punctuation. If you want, I can re-work that for you. Let me know...

Latest posts

Back