On-site wedding, things to remember

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sccatsanders

Reaction score
I have a last minute out of town wedding to do this weekend. I've done tons of weddings before, so I always know what to expect as far as the layout of the room that I'll be working in that day, etc. (& 9 times out of 10, we have not only a trial run through in the salon/@ their house but I do the bridal portrait hair on-site @ the wedding venue as well. & am always prepared. But with this being (less than 48hrs) a ridiculously short notice job, I'm clueless as to what I'll be working with....& the bride doesn't know what the room looks like either. :/ So - I keep thinking of "random" little things that I need to bring, & I want to be prepared for anything.

So what else would YOU add to the list?

Here's what I have so far -
-mirrors, handheld, standup & full length
-extension cords & surge protector
-fans. table top & standup (with this being smack dab in the middle of the hottest part of the year here in the south....I know to bring any & every fan that's not attached to my house.haha)
-extra button up shirts (BC there's ALWAYS that ONE bridesmaid who "forgot" & wore the tightest fitting tshirt in man-made history....so, I make her sit there topless.....hah! jk but for real, before I started bringing extras - I've had to make a few sit topless in front of me & the rest of the bridal party. not MY fault she didn't listen!)
-"TV-trays", in lieu of countertops/tables
-tiles. to put my hot tools on. (to keep them from burning the countertops/carpet/whatever) they work GREAT!

Thanks for y'alls help!!! :)

Latest posts

Back