Wedding hair on site, what should I take with me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NataLolly

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!
I am a newbee geek and I have started working for a Salon that does a lot of on site wedding gigs, and I am at a loss as to what I need to make sure to bring with me 'Just In Case'. I am not new to wedding hair, but I am new to on-site wedding hair. Obviously, I will bring what I will need according to the pre-wedding trial, but as I live in Spain my Boss has told me that they get a lot of last minute hair (that she makes sure she charges optimum price for) when we arrive on site. I want to be prepared for this, but I know I cannot take the entire salon with me! Any suggestions for a 'Wedding kit' so to speak?
Many thanks for you time!

Hello Everyone!!
I am a newbee geek and I have started working for a Salon that does a lot of on site wedding gigs, and I am at a loss as to what I need to make sure to bring with me 'Just In Case'. I am not new to wedding hair, but I am new to on-site wedding hair. Obviously, I will bring what I will need according to the pre-wedding trial, but as I live in Spain my Boss has told me that they get a lot of last minute hair (that she makes sure she charges optimum price for) when we arrive on site. I want to be prepared for this, but I know I cannot take the entire salon with me! Any suggestions for a 'Wedding kit' so to speak?
Many thanks for you time!

hi!

As you said take everything you used at the trial!
I always take with me - hairspray, mousse, dry shampoo/root boost powder, shine spray. A variety of brushes, pin comb, backcomb brush and a tooth brush (to spray on and smooth the little hairs at the hairline), kirby grips in a variety of colours, pin curl clips, snag free elastics. some padding (incase of a fine hair required to be huge emergency!) also if i have some diamonte or pearl type pins i would take them. oh and hairdryer, straighteners, rollers and tongs!

If i think of anything else il add it lol! I always take a nice big bag/trolley with compartments for all this gear!!

oh and my scissors - incase of fringe trimming required!

hth, sio x

Last edited:
siobrennan Thank you very much, especially about the scissors, I have had to do last minute fringe trims in the salon before as well. I think I will also make a check list and add your suggestions to it! Thank you very much! :biggrin:

Back