One client says Shellac did not last.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

are there any reasons why shellac wouldn't last 14 days or anything that the client could be using or doing that would affect it?

I know that apparently they should use solar oil but even if they do not have this i am assuming the shellac should still last?

If anybody has any tips for aftercare as I am at a loss and a client said hers came off 5 days after applied. She was on holiday in mexico and she said theres nothing she did different but she had them repolished so i can't see them but to be honest I wouldn't really know why this has happened.

I just don't get it? someone give me some idea why this might be happening. The application wasn't thick, the lamp was working fine. as far as i know everything was done well so help

I'm not a nail tech but was Shellac'd a couple of weeks ago.

Unfortunately mine started lifting/peeling within 24 hours. Added to the lumpiness and a few dents, I had to make an appointment to have them removed soon after. The therapist said it was because my own nail tips are weak and and shredding (which they are, after several years' continuous L & P infills) and so the Shellac had nothing to hold on to.

I was soooooo disappointed after looking forward to Shellac for such a long time, but I might still give it another go when my nails are in better condition.

xx

Tell me this. If you had an enhancement client who said her enhancements did not last when normally you have loads of satisfied clients wearing your work, what would your answer be?

Having used and worn Shellac now for almost 9 months I have absolute faith in the product. So I would look to the client or the condition of their nails!!

CND have stated from day one that Shellac is not suitable for severely damaged nails that are floppy and weak.

I wore Enhanced nails for 25 years .. my nails were still strong after all that time because I have treated them well. I applied Shellac and have never looked back.

I am becoming of the opinion that there are some people who couldn't maintain/retain concrete blocks, if applied to their nails. :rolleyes:

I have one particular friend who, for whatever reason, has failed with any/every system known to the industry. She religiously loses/breaks and generally disintegrates the lot .... l&p, gel, shellac .... you name it ..... she wrecks it. :grr:

It never ceases to amaze me, in view of my own experience with my own nails. Any/every system lasts the distance. I once broke an l&p nail on a car door and my goodness it hurt like mad and that's about it! As for shellac, the only time I ever 'Lose' it is when I soak it off because of the regrowth. No chips, no loss of shine. Zilch, nada. :)

If you've applied it as per instructions and it lasts on others, then it's down to either her own behaviour when wearing it or the poor condition of her nails in the first place.

i am becoming of the opinion that there are some people who couldn't maintain/retain concrete blocks, if applied to their nails. :rolleyes:

amen!!!

my mother is one of those people who you just can't keep product on. Her Shellac lasts about 8 days and that is a great improvement for her. It's the difference between polish lasting around 3 days and Shellac up to 8 days. She's also a picker so that certainly doesn't help! I think it is a great product.

Latest posts

Back