One thing I've always wondered...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickafish

Reaction score
How does Michelle Visage... or anyone who ever got these, function with these? :eek: I'm paricularly thinking about bathroom duties. EEK!
mvnails2.JPG

mvnails1.JPG

s19.jpg

how does she clean her nose either?

And bedroom duties!! ;) x

If you ever notice in the videos of the nail professionals doing nails like these, the tech is always wearing gloves. All kinds of nasties all up in there!

I dont know about how they would, but why would anyone want to! Xx

Sent from my X10i

And a face mask! I did a set half the length of those once, and when the girl came back in for an infill... oh my jebus! I can tell you what she's been doing and was snackin on for them past 2 weeks just by looking underneath.

I can tell you what she's been doing and was snackin on for them past 2 weeks just by looking underneath.

:eek: Uggh...that make me feel ill, lol

I didn't realise people actually lived their lives with these nails, i thought they were tips applied to showcase their nailart and then removed.

I don't think i could even get dressed...

:eek: Uggh...that make me feel ill, lol

I didn't realise people actually lived their lives with these nails, i thought they were tips applied to showcase their nailart and then removed.

I don't think i could even get dressed...

Most of the really long sets I've done, they were for really ghetto 'hood chicks or Ivy Queen fans. I only ever found out who she was from her fans bringing me photos of her and her long claws. Like so...
n1180594680_30099520_7148.jpg

Ivy_Queen_24495l.jpg

The nail school I went to was dead smack in the middle of a latino neighborhood. We did nails like the ones shown above all the time. When the women came in for fills, oh lawdy, was it disgusting.

Our instructor, an old-school latina nail tech, recommended that we purchase a special diamond bit for our efiles that would get under the nail and clean out all that nastiness.

Guurrrl, don't you know I bought one.

Yuk!! Each to their own I suppose!

The nail school I went to was dead smack in the middle of a latino neighborhood. We did nails like the ones shown above all the time. When the women came in for fills, oh lawdy, was it disgusting.

Our instructor, an old-school latina nail tech, recommended that we purchase a special diamond bit for our efiles that would get under the nail and clean out all that nastiness.

Guurrrl, don't you know I bought one.
:lol: Tammie.... I LURVE you! I got one too! My instructor was the same. I was working at her daughters' shop for awhile, and it was in a Latino neighborhood. All the older Puerto Rican ladies knew I loved arroz con gondules and tostones, and they'd make me some when they came to see me (so sweet). I'm sure it was good cuz it sure smelled good, but looking under them nails and seeing little bits of sofrito in there... errrm. No thanks.

And when I used that special bit to clean out under the nails, I could smell all that sofrito, recaito and adobo, too, girlfriend!

Smelled like my kitchen!

Ladies that is truly disgusting :( you need a medal working on those yuk yuk yuk x

And the nails we did....nails had to be thick and wide with colorful, crazy-a** nail art. "Rican" style.

uurgh that is gross.

Yuk, yuk, yuk!! :sad:

Then there's Sinaloense nails... :lol:
1101596_SGSTYXRW.jpg

I did a nail art session with a tech from Sinaloa. Her 1 stroke was one of the best I've seen.

EEk they are vile! I do one lady and she has them an inch (her other half likes to come in and measure they are long enough!!) long they are grim, yuck nail art, and would put flojo to shame!
I don't get it its clearly his fetish and makes me feel queasy tbh, but I get her to give them a good scrub in the name of H&S but the only time she ever says thanks is xmas when we do a soak off and full set twice as long!! That said she is one of my longest standing clients (also thinks short nails are tacky!!) it takes all sorts- wish my stomach could lol!!

The plus side to doing long nails is... nail art, and we can go crazy! Th downside... the infill. EEK! Plus, I really am curious how they function with them. I remember I put a set of 1/2 inch stilettos on myself and I took them off within an hour! :lol:

I watched a YouTube vid once of a woman with crazy long nails demonstrating how she goes to the loo.... Crazy lady lol.... X

:lol: There's a latina lady that demonstrates her dual nail system in spanish... her nails are SUPER long, and I watch in amazment at how she's able to do an enhancement with enhancements THAT long!

Latest posts

Back