Onycholysis and a greenie :S

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Effect

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a little quiery.

I started at a aolon last week and everyone is so nice, the girls jumped at the chance to have their nails done. But one of the poor girls went to our local NSS not too long ago for enhancements.
Im not sure when this happened exactly she has told me she went to them for the nails, then for one set of infills and then had them taken off because she notices her nail had gone a funny colour. The NSS soaked them off and to her horror she found her nail was green :cry:. Then to top it off she told me that because it looked so horrible she had them paint her nails for her. They gave her no oil, didnt sanatise her hands or the nail, and then painted them ( i dread to think of what horrible nasties lie in their nail poilishes in that salon!) When i saw them I saw instantly that her enhancements had cause Onycholysis in the nail and to top it off under the nail plate she has a greenie :eek: (probabily to do with the drill they use, ive been there before and they ruined my nails)
Ive advised her to go to the doctors to see what they can do, but bless her she is so ashamed of whats on her nail she even hides it away when shes talking to her clients and is begging me to put enhancements on her.
I just want to check what you guys think

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd26/urbandreama/nail.jpg

sorry the picture isnt very clear. Any advise would be welcome or should I just leave well alone until it has grown out? Thanks alot fellow Geeks :hug:

HI,

Just wongering whats NSS please

x

personally, i would leave it alone until you have a written okay from her doctor that the problem is cleared up and there is no risk to you or other clients in the salon....here in the usa we are only allowed to take off the enhancement, see the greenie and refer to doctor until we have an okay from the doctor we can not do anything else. polish, enhancement, oil...nothing.

hope that helps.

Thanks alot guys, will read the links now :Grope:
Ive told her to go the doctor and have restrained myself from putting enhancements on. Just feel terrible when I cant help people :cry:

Ill be sure to give her a pinky of oil just to ease the pain. Just goes to show how people dont realise the harm they do to themselves around here. Ive seen another 2 sets of nails like it this afternoon.

P.S Found out today the burn happened when the asian girl was drilling her fingers when the acrylic was on, can only imagine how much that hurt!

Latest posts

Back