Onycholysis treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonails

Reaction score
I have onycholysis on the majority of my nails after two of the girls in my college kept filing my nail plate during gel removal.

They are very thin and bendy, like thin paper also and anything I do splits them and hurts so I'm wondering if I do a fibreglass treatment until the separation has grown out will help? :cry:

IBX is what you need :D

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have got this at the moment to.. One of my nails is awful! It's come off my nail bed over half way down, I've had to cut it off 😞 im bad though as I'm still wearing my enhancements 😬

Onycholysis is caused by a number of things, including trauma, reactions to chemicals, infection, and skin diseases, so you might want to have it checked, although it sounds like chemicals and trauma from aggressive manicuring are likely in your case.

For onycholysis, less is more. Keep your nails short. Use fewer chemicals on your nails, be very gentle with them, do not use implements to clean under the free edge. Try using Solar Oil or tea tree oil, twice daily. Give your nails a rest and let them heal. IBX may well be in order because it works wonders on damaged nails, but this is more than damage to the nail, it is damage to the nail plate, so I'd wait a few weeks first.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back