onycholysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ya Hun,
Well this is ususaly caused by trauma to the free edge, Extensions being to long could be one, maybe a little diggin to get some crappy stuff from under the nail... It can also be caused by psoriasis or an allergic reaction to nail products or drugs................................

It will get better as long as you dont dig under the nail, as Onycholosis will give you a little space under the nail and dirt and keratin debris gather there and have a little party....................
Just keep the nail short to minimise the pressure to the free edge, if you need to clean under the nail, use a soft nail brush not a toothpick, metal prodding thingy, hammer chisel or any other spikey tool lol....... But then you know that..................
I have used tea tree oil in the past with great success just to keep nasty lurking thingys away...................... and to spoil the little party of the little beggars................
Well I personaly would leave the Fabric on, just keep the nail short, free edge length and keep an eye on it ........................

Love Ruth
hope this helps
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nails At The Hat Hire Company

Reaction score
I think i have this. one of my nails has the characteristic whiteish patch and its definately lifting from the bed...help....what have i done wrong!!! what can i do.
ive filed it a little shorter than the rest. but i do have fabric # over the top.

should i remove this?

and what has caused this.

Yup .. Ruth has given you good advice. Keep the Fabric# on and let nature take its course. A few weeks and all will be back to normal.

thanks...you've both come through for me again....

love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back