Opaque navy Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlingDetails

Reaction score
Hey
I have a client asking for navy blue shellac, she doesn't like shimmer or glitter and wants a deep matte opaque colour, so midnight swim is a no no and I've tried the deep blue additive on top of Black Pool and that's not dark enough and has a slight shimmer to it too...There doesn't seem to be a navy in the Shellac collection, unless I'm missing it somewhere...are there any layering combos or additives anyone can think of??? To be honest I would have thought a navy would have been a staple colour to have in the collection xxx

Have you tried cerulean blue additive?

No, I assumed that would give a similar effect to the deep blue??? Xxx

No, I assumed that would give a similar effect to the deep blue??? Xxx

You could add a teeny touch of black additive - if you have it - to darken the blue to the desired shade :)

xx

Blue rapture is close to what you want but if you want darker color you can apply it over midnight swim ( I think you can avoid the shimmery look that way) or even over black pool for even darker result. Have a try on tips first and show them to her in order to help her make a decision and take responsibility for it.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I believe Negligee over Blackpool is navy?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe Negligee over Blackpool is navy?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Negligee has a shimmer to it though! I remember doing midnight swim with cerulean blue over and it did have a sheen to it! Maybe over Blackpool would be better :) xx

You would probably be best doing Blackpool and then mixing cerulean blue and black to make a navy and then use this. It will have a tiny shimmer but do it on a colour pop and then show her.
The only navy they have is midnight swim. Often when people say they don't like a shimmer, they end up choosing one with a shimmer anyways. Who doesn't love a shimmer?? Lol!

Thank you all, I will give those a try...She really is a shimmer hater, won't even look at a colour with it in lol xxx

Thank you all, I will give those a try...She really is a shimmer hater, won't even look at a colour with it in lol xxx

It's barely noticeable in Midnight swim and it adds depth to the colour. Because of the mirror shine of Shellac all of the colours look shimmery anyway. Even the creams.

Latest posts

Back