OPI Axxium advice, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
ive just had a shellac manicure and its really good i love it .. but i see theres more colours for the opi axxium and i love how i can choose my fav colou from opi normal range .. but looking on some reviews they say it can ruin your nails? is this true? i am going to have them done by some one qualified so maybe it might be diffrent and will it last as long as shellac so any advice would be good so i know what to get on my next visit thanks

If you're speaking of OPI axxium soak-off gel, they last 2-3 weeks anyway. The only potential damage I can see is getting them done regularly (every 2-3 weeks), but it's not the product that's damaging your nails, it's the process of application. OPI suggests the nail plates be lightly buffed to remove shine for adhesion. (But honestly, since I've been introduced to a wonderful product called Scrub Fresh, I really don't see the need for buffing to remove shine for any gel or power polish.) If you are going to get them done, you should invest in some solar oil and use it when you can to keep your nails hydrated.

so its just the same for shellac to not do them all the time to leave at least a week breathing space? as long as they will last as long and the damage is equal to that of shellac then think ill opt for that next time.. i habe some solar oil already as the recommend me to buy it on last visit and i do use it ... to be honest the only ever time i have had damage to my nails is applying nail vanish and removing it every night my nails got so weak but thanks for the advice .. i just wasnt sure if opi was as good

I'm not sure if you're meant to have any damage after shellac. From what I understand, no buffing is needed for shellac. But anyway, Both axxium and shellac are from reputable companies and are of high quality. With regular use of solar oil, you shouldn't have any problems with dry, weak nails. However they are different products. Shellas is a power polish, and axxium is a gel.

im not sure i think i mean if both applied by a proffesional and correctly they wont be no damage.. how ever if one was to apply it unproffesionaly and remove incorrectly bothe could cause damage thats what mean cause a lot of reviews were from people who had done it them selfs i think so thats why i asked on here so i could get a proffesional and impartial advice. to help me decide if to get them done next.. and didnt want my nails weak and thin lol .. as with the shellac on at mo my nails feel really strong and growing quite a lot so i hope its the same with opi

im not sure i think i mean if both applied by a proffesional and correctly they wont be no damage.. how ever if one was to apply it unproffesionaly and remove incorrectly bothe could cause damage thats what mean cause a lot of reviews were from people who had done it them selfs i think so thats why i asked on here so i could get a proffesional and impartial advice. to help me decide if to get them done next.. and didnt want my nails weak and thin lol .. as with the shellac on at mo my nails feel really strong and growing quite a lot so i hope its the same with opi

Hello,

As a technician trained in both and uses both products proper procedures, I can say without a doubt I prefer Shellac. Opi is a gel polish, its harder to remove and more damaging to the nail. Shellac is a power polish, thin, removes.quickly without excessive acetone exposure.

I say stick with shellac. Opi axxium destroyed my nails (AND I NEVER BUFFED THEM on my self). Shellac is a far superior product. Use your solar oil and you will have stunning
nails:Love:

Fellow geeks any other opinions?

Hello,

Shellac is a power polish, thin, removes.quickly without excessive acetone exposure.

Opi axxium destroyed my nails (AND I NEVER BUFFED THEM on my self). :Love:

Wow, I've never heard of Axxium destroying anyones nails.

As a nail professional, I had a one sample nail of Axxium along with one Shellac, one Gelish, one PolishPro, one Gelicure and one ManiQ. There was minimal difference in the amount of time it took to remove each of them (so the acetone exposure was nearly the same) and none of them wrecked my nails. All of them made my nails stronger than usual, none of them chipped, none of them lost their shine.

I wonder if this thread should be in the consumer section?

I too use both systems. I find the axxium slightly thicker and you also have the options for tip overlays. Axxium does take a little longer to remove as you need to buff the sealer. There is only gentle buffing on application and I don't find nails ruined. I do love the shellac too and have clients that prefer it as they find they can take it off themselves (some thing I do not encourage).
Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back