OPI Gelcolor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you buy the intro kit etc, is it compulsory to do the training?

Just ordered my OPI GelColor kit!! And booked training for 1st March!
So excited!!

Im unsure if training is compulsory, they have a course for people who have only done mani and pedi and then a course for people who have had previous training which is cheaper.
Either way I would probably recommend training with them as they can teach you things about their specific brand.

x

Have to agree with JuicyLucy re: Try Me Kit. I love Shellac and Gelish but, removal is not always as quick as ten minutes and I already stock OPI nail enamels so would be great to have this product IF it`s a durable and removal is quicker.
Fingers crossed there are some Try Me Kits at Excel :)

Training isn't compulsory but we do recommend it to get the best from the system.

Used my new opi kit on Friday, Cajun shrimp gorgeous. Soaked off today cos of work (poo) and what a dream soak off.

Came off in one big flake and my nails were amazing underneath the removal really was that easy. Took ten mins.

Now come on OPI where is this structure gel to match for my thin nailed clients :green:

Xx

Used my new opi kit on Friday, Cajun shrimp gorgeous. Soaked off today cos of work (poo) and what a dream soak off.

Came off in one big flake and my nails were amazing underneath the removal really was that easy. Took ten mins.

Now come on OPI where is this structure gel to match for my thin nailed clients :green:

Xx

This is what I am waiting on ... STRUCTURE GEL... Id like them to bring it out like tomorrow haha x

Hi geeks...

I have just bought the OPI gel colour kit. I already use shellac so used the same application technique for OPI. The gel is chipping sooo much and never had any problems with shellac....has anyone got any tips?
Please help, have spent so much money on OPI!!

Well something I learnt today prep is everything with gel polishes.

I was having problems with chipping plus cuticle and free edge shrinkage.

Firstly I definitely think the opi led lamp is a must for correct curing.

Secondly if you get shrinkage then there is still oil or debris on the nail plate. I read somewhere that you can use the na99 then pro bond two even three times to ensure the nail plate is completely dry.

I did this this evening and I had NO shrinkage at all at the cuticle area plus capped easily. I will see if the nails last better now.

Peeling nails will always be a problem and might need alternative methods. Good luck Hun xx

As i have used the OPI Gelcolor for quite a while and i am very pleased with it, i need to point few things i'm doing. I use Scrubfresh sandwitch (SF-NailFresh-SF) to dehydrate. If the nail is thin, then i use 2 coats of basecoat. I cure in a Shellac CND lamp 1 min for BC, 2 min for a color coat and 3 min for a TC and never had any problems at all. Clients wear Gelcolor for 3-4 weeks and the only way it chips its when the nail chips itself. I do have an issue with shrinking from the free edge with dark colors but i am working on it to resolve. I hope the above helps in someway.

As i have used the OPI Gelcolor for quite a while and i am very pleased with it, i need to point few things i'm doing. I use Scrubfresh sandwitch (SF-NailFresh-SF) to dehydrate. If the nail is thin, then i use 2 coats of basecoat. I cure in a Shellac CND lamp 1 min for BC, 2 min for a color coat and 3 min for a TC and never had any problems at all. Clients wear Gelcolor for 3-4 weeks and the only way it chips its when the nail chips itself. I do have an issue with shrinking from the free edge with dark colors but i am working on it to resolve. I hope the above helps in someway.

Will try the double base coat myself. Also try two pro bond along the free edge first colour did shrink just a very tiny bit but second colour stayed put and that was with Russian navy.

I don't think enough info is given regarding cleaning and dehydrating the nail plate by most companies.

They say do a good prep but dehydrator I think is essential in more clients than people realise. Even my clients with dry nails can still have oily bits on them. Xx

Hi Girls!
Loving the fact youve been able to fix some problems I am experiencing!
I didnt use Bond Aid on the free edge to be honest just on the nail but now ive read to do two layers! Also the two basecoats on a thin nail is a brilliant tip!
Thanks so much girls will try this as soon as I can!!
OPI Normally say that if the colour shrinks away from the cuticle or free edge its normally because the base coat isnt applied correctly and the colour find the base coat.
xx

Yes I agree about the base coat and colour coat, however if there is oil or debris or a damp nail then the base won't stick either so it becomes a vicious circle.

I've learnt the hard way that PREP IS EVERYTHING. We all become a bit lax in our prep over time and sometimes need a little push to do it correctly again. Xxxx

I know this is an old thread but just wondering how other people have found the OPI gelcolour?

I know this is an old thread but just wondering how other people have found the OPI gelcolour?

I did the OPI training about six months ago and bought into the system around three months ago. I absolutely love it. I think I now prefer it to Gelish which I have used for two years. The shine and wear are amazing and its really easy to remove. I just wish they'd produce more of the classic colours.

Latest posts

Back