OPI Liquid Buff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huberella

Reaction score
Has anyone used this product? When I was at a spa show a few months ago, the educator for OPI was raving about how wonderful this product was. It sounded great, so I bought a bottle. I followed her instructions very carefully, but I can't get the stuff to work. It never cures properly and left feeling gritty and without shine.

I, too, first saw this product at a show back in March and bought some and had the same results as you. It was very rough, felt kinda like sandpaper..LOL. I tried it several times and couldn't get it to work as the OPI educator did. I thought maybe it was just me. LOL

~J

Hi there

I use this product over OPI absolute acrylic and haven't had any problems. Where is the grit coming from ?? Presumably you have dusted the nails before applying, after smoothing? Do you think you had a dodgy supply? I know it will show up air bubbles but I really can't say that it has been gravely.

Charlotte

Did you leave it long enough to dry before trying to buff it????

Yes, I left it on for the recommended time, in fact I tried leaving a extra few minutes too. Although I was told you don't need to buff it afterwards... You apply, wait, and wipe and they should be shiney. I do use OPI absolute, although the girl said I can use it over any acrylic line (except odourless).

Yes, I left it on for the recommended time, in fact I tried leaving a extra few minutes too. Although I was told you don't need to buff it afterwards... You apply, wait, and wipe and they should be shiney. I do use OPI absolute, although the girl said I can use it over any acrylic line (except odourless).

We used this in the salon I worked in, and we did buff it slightly with the oiled nail shiner that OPI do....it was used to do temporary infills and weekend nails and it very often took a lot longer than the recommended time to dry!!

I use Liquid Buff over the top of Absolute, you need to refine the nail and sand with smoother or sanding block, remove the dust - it is also recommended that the nails are not washed during the treatment as this interrupts the setting process. liquid buff needs to be applied really thinnly using a flicking action not brushed on like polish as this bulks the product - by doing this your first nail should be dry after applying to all 10 nails, or you can put under a lamp -normal table lamp i mean :lol: then buff nails with brilliance block for optimum finish.

p.s ensure not to go too near side walls as tis can cause lifting!

Hope this helps ya out a bit.

:)

Thanks Ladies :)

Latest posts

Back