OPI problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
For a while now , ive been having trouble with the OPI nail polishes. after a few days they start to chip ! They get applyed thinly , and also top coat but they still chip !

Im glad im only practicing on family and friends with polishing ! does anyone no reason why its chipping thanks x

You know, every nail polish lasts longer if the polish stays flexible.

Polish will stay flexible if it is regualrly oiled with a good cuticle oil. Are your friends and family using OPI Avoplex?

I'm sure if they look after their OPI manicure with OPI Avoplex then the polish will last longer. It is up to you to tell them and to supply them with it.

I use CND for everything .. every client walks out of the salon with CND Solar Oil ... because it is good aftercare that keeps a manicure lasting for a long time, and it is your job to see that clients have the things they need.

i dont use avoplex , i love the CND solar oil ! tutor never told us we could use oil on the polish so will try that thank you x

If you love CND Solar Oil then maybe you would love CND everything!! In fact I'm sure you would :green: .. what's not to love? Shellac, Lumos, Minx. Dashing Diva ... all the coolest new thiugs as well as all the enhancement products, manicure and pedicure Spa services and the beautriful Colour & Effects polishes.

In any case, Solar Oil will 'plastize' any polish including OPI so make sure all your clients have it to take home. Plastize means moisturise product-wise and if something is not flexible it is brittle and if it is brittle it will chip.

why cant you be my tutor :) hahah !! my acrylic tutor has told me about solar oil so i bought 6 bottles ready to sell clients , but my manicure and pedicure tutor hasnt told us nothing about that !

I gotta admit i do want to do shellac and dashing diva , when i pass at college :) x I do have the odd CND polishes and i do like them :)

why cant you be my tutor :) hahah !! my acrylic tutor has told me about solar oil so i bought 6 bottles ready to sell clients , but my manicure and pedicure tutor hasnt told us nothing about that !

I gotta admit i do want to do shellac and dashing diva , when i pass at college :) x I do have the odd CND polishes and i do like them :)

College tutors are not there to tell you about specific products but their training is very general. You know were Sweet Squared the UK home of CND are right? 0845210 6060 right there in Leeds. or www.sweetsquared.com. You're most welcome to call in at the office and shop anytime to have a look around or to speak to the girls there ... they'll be happy to demo anything you'd like to see. :hug: After college you can do skill building classes or conversion classes etc. Long way to go even after college and it's all good.

Meanwhile, you can message me anytime or find me here if you need any help.

College tutors are not there to tell you about specific products but their training is very general. You know were Sweet Squared the UK home of CND are right? 0845210 6060 right there in Leeds. or www.sweetsquared.com. You're most welcome to call in at the office and shop anytime to have a look around or to speak to the girls there ... they'll be happy to demo anything you'd like to see. :hug: After college you can do skill building classes or conversion classes etc. Long way to go even after college and it's all good.

Meanwhile, you can message me anytime or find me here if you need any help.

thank you :) think i will be giving them a call :) x

i understand that tutors arent there to give specific information :(. I must say any tips the tutor gives i write every detail down. And im only one who does this in class , take tips down.

me personally i think it all helps , years or months down line .

this is still happening with chipping !! :( i feel very sad :(. I did my mum a lovely manicure other day and she choose a colour which was an OPI colour , i told her to use solar oil every day to stop it going brittle and chipping.after 3 days they look awful !! and all chipped :(

i feel like ringing opi up and complaing big style

Have you tried the new Lumos base and top coat from S2, I did an OPI manicure on my sister, using these as the base and top, she got nearly a week out of her manicure, said she had never had a general manicure last as long. I think the number for them has been left by Geeg, who always has good advice. Lisa x

Have you tried the new Lumos base and top coat from S2, I did an OPI manicure on my sister, using these as the base and top, she got nearly a week out of her manicure, said she had never had a general manicure last as long. I think the number for them has been left by Geeg, who always has good advice. Lisa x

Yes i agree Geeg is amazing at her advice :)

No i havent tryed Lumous base and top coat. Im afriad with my still training at college i am unable to get an account with s2 :/
But i will keep that in mind when i pass thank you x

Polish dosent last forever thats why we have shellac and all the thin gel things right now, filling the gaps that polish couldnt....
but that said you shuld be getting more than 3 days ,
could it be your mums nails?
what are your steps?
are you using a good base coat ?
CND sticky is fab stuff it stays tacky and this helps the coulor to stay put!

Polish dosent last forever thats why we have shellac and all the thin gel things right now, filling the gaps that polish couldnt....
but that said you shuld be getting more than 3 days ,
could it be your mums nails?
what are your steps?
are you using a good base coat ?
CND sticky is fab stuff it stays tacky and this helps the coulor to stay put!

How ive been taught at college , is to push cuticles back,tidy up , file then paint. start painting in center then left then right?

If there is another way please do tell me but thats what ive been "taught" at college.
and base i use is Opi . but i will look at the CND sticky thanks x

I always whipe the nails over with some scrubfresh, dehydrator or polish remover
this will remove any oils ect that build up on the nail,

I always whipe the nails over with some scrubfresh, dehydrator or polish remover
this will remove any oils ect that build up on the nail,

yeh i forgot to mention that. I use the OPI sanitiser or polish remover to remove any oils left on nail plate.

so i cant see were im going wrong ! :(

Are you finding this with nails that you did a full manicure on? soked ect?
or nails that your just polishing?

is it dark or light colors?

is it only happening on your mums nails?

are you doing 4 coats? base, color , color , top? and keeping them nice and thin?
by thin I mean ... eg: black first coat looks patchy almost like its done with felt tip pen 2nd coat same amount but sits perfectly, and fills in the coulur ..

also rolling the coulor in your hands befor you start helps.

are you doing 4 coats? base, color , color , top? and keeping them nice and thin?
by thin I mean ... eg: black first coat looks patchy almost like its done with felt tip pen 2nd coat same amount but sits perfectly, and fills in the coulur ..

Ive done manicures were they have been soaked and also not soaked and still chip within days.

its happening on both light and dark colours

No its on friends nails as well

Yes im doing 4 coats , ( base, colour x2 , top)

the polish is kept thin.

But i havent tryed rolling the polish in my hand , so maybe this is were im going wrong?

ok you definitely need to be agitating the polish before use I have totally forgotten the proper word for it lol but like shampoo or tomato ketchup nail polish viscosity changes when you move it around. and warm it slightly with the movement I thought that was one of the first things people get taught, sometimes its mad how something so simple gets overlooked.

ok you definitely need to be agitating the polish before use I have totally forgotten the proper word for it lol but like shampoo or tomato ketchup nail polish viscosity changes when you move it around. and warm it slightly with the movement I thought that was one of the first things people get taught, sometimes its mad how something so simple gets overlooked.

thank you , i need to re do her manicure now anyway ! so i will let you no how many days they last for lol x

I use opi, and when ever I do a manicure before I polish I wipe over the nails with polish remover then use a coat of bond aid, base, colour x2 the top coat, use 1 drop of drip dry and my clients get around a week on the hands all depending on how hard they are on the hands and if they follow the correct aftercare advice.

Latest posts

Back