OPI Soak off Gel - Overlay Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire F

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am sorry if this has been asked before - but I cannot seem to find anything!
I wanted to use the OPI soak off overlay gel under my Axxium colours so that it acts in a similar way to Bio Sculpture. Has anyone used this gel, could you share your thoughts - and could someone confirm that it cures for 3 minutes in my Axxium lamp - Lena White are not responding to me although I ordered it direct from them!! :(
Thank you,
xxx

I have its a wonderful product. Curing times are base 1 min, colour coats 2 min and top coat 3 mins. Quite easy to remember, 123!

The rep for Lena White in my area is fantastic, she always responds the same day to any email i send, try finding the rep contact for your region rather than head office.

HTH

X

Hi Natalie,
Thank you for coming back to me - is it really 1min for the overlay gel - I have used the normal Axxium Soak off system which is 1 min - but I was curious about the new base for using the axxium soak off over tips which is thicker.
Thanks for the advice, will find the rep in my area! xxx

Ooooh i didnt know there was a new axxium base gel to use over tips. Thats very exciting, i will be ordering straight away!! I was taking about the orginal axxium to use on the natural nail.

What is the name of the new axxium gel you can use over the tips? I ordered one of the new laquer stands earlier in the week and my rep never mentioned it! Cheeky!

Sorry about the confusion!! x

Ive just been on the Lena White trade website and couldnt see any new axxium gels? Just the original Soak off gel base and the the sealer for the colour collection.

Did you source it from somewhere else? Ive been asking for ages if they were bringing out a soak off that was strong enough for tip overlay. Im very excited now!!!

OK 3rd reply! Just found it!! Holy that has made my week. Thank you!! x

Hey! Glad I have helped you! yes it is the soak off base that is strong enough for tips. I have since found a step by step guide to use it - and seems to be the same as the usual overlay gel.
I think it will really 'enhance' the Axxium soak off lacquers as people often compare soak off to bio. I will try it over the weekend and feed back!
xxx

would like to know also if anyone tried it and if it is strong enough to apply over a tip to extend the clients nail. do you think you could sculpt with it too using the alpine snow for the french? X

Hi Guys, just thought I would report back - have done a couple of sets with the new overlay soak off gel and am so far impressed. It holds tips and also looks good if you use it to encase nail art. Only down side so far is the soak off time - took half and hour but i did not think that was too bad.
How have you guys got on?

Claire xxx

Hi I just wanted to comment on the length of time it took to soak off the Axxium Soak Off Clear Overlay Gel - this system definately works best the Expert Touch Remover rather that pure acetone. You need to completely break the seal all over the nailplate and the free edge. Then continue to file in the centre of the nailplate until you see the natural nail showing through, then you are best to wrap each nail with a lint free wipe soaked on Expert Touch! Good luck!!:)

might be a silly question but is the axxium clear overlay gel different to what you would use on a full set of gel extensions???????

Latest posts

Back