OPI vs Orly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
As the title says! I'm building up a small collection of normal polishes and i don't know which to choose! I've bought one of each to try out but i'd love to hear your reviews? X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I love using OPI polishes at work, fantastic colour range, easy to apply and also long lasting.
I did a file and regular polish on a client who is a silver jewellery maker, she wanted if for a night out but didnt think it would last much longer because of her job. Laster her a week and half! x

I do hear a lot more about opi than orly! I'm on quite a tight budget and the price puts me off a bit at £11 a 15ml bottle! X

Where do you buy your opi polishes from? X

Have you tried Lena White? You have to register with them first, but it's better getting it from them. I can't post prices here but I can tell you it's not 11 a bottle :)

I have registered with them i've just got to send my certificate :) x

Anyone else?

I have a few orly and it chipped easily on my fingers? Maybe it's just me who's knows. I'm looking on changing to opi range and just registering to Lena white as we speak :) x

I've just switched from Orly to OPI because I can pick OPI up if I pop into Sallys, and add a varnish at a time. Still have quite a few Orly colours, but gradually switching over!

I get mine from Sallys or Capital. They are less than £11 trade price.

I prefer to get them from these places as you can actually see the colour. Sometimes colours look different online. x

Definitely wait until you can buy trade prices!

Personally I'd choose OPI over Orly, they have better brand recognition and are more consistent in general, often with better pigmentation.

Have you considered China Glaze? They have one of the best colour ranges in my opinion and the usually apply very nicely.

Another one to consider is Misa, it's VERY well priced, consistent, nice bottles and brush and a lovely colour selection. Applies lovely.

I prefer Misa and China Glaze over both OPI and Orly. Also, Orly is changing their packaging atm and I feel it looks a bit cheap now.

OPI is fab, the colours are gorgeous & so many to choose from. They are well known too.

I've been today & bought another 15 colours from sallys on vat free day.

They are a LOT cheaper than £11 if you buy trade.

I have registered with lena white by sending my certificates off via email, I just haven't used lena white yet.

The minimum order on your first order for lena white if your mobile or work from home is £50 net then delivery of £6.95 on top. X

I use orly at college as these came in our kit but I prefer opi use it at home also doing the opi gel color course next month, have done the orly fx at college it only lasted a week hoping the opi gel will last longer I've registered with Lena white also go Sally's its a lot cheaper :)

I mainly stock OPI also use Orly,China Glaze,and Nubar.
OPI last great and classic colours,Orly have great range of fun colours,China Glaze is great to,Nubar do lovely glitters and hologram shades.

I really like Orly - I can't wear OPI myself and felt I couldn't then promote it too clients. If u use the whole system it works beautifully - I had someone wear it chip free for over 2 weeks. Plus the brush handles are very ergonomic :)

How much discount do you get with a sallys card? X

Latest posts

Back