Opinions on automatic tanning booth?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Louise~

Reaction score
Hi all :green: I'm new to here & just setting up a business

I think I wanna get an automatic tanning booth so I was wondering what experiences you all have with the different makes & what the cost was...

Thanx

Louise

I have a dual spray booth. It can be used as an automatic spray booth but is also has a gun attached to it to do manual spray tanning.
I never use it as an automatic. I did try it out a few times and it's rubbish really. It misses places and it can run too.
I do a lot of spray tans and i've only been asked twice for an automatic one. This is the one i have;
Dual Spray Tanning Booth

They were all the rage a few years go, but now they have even dissappeared from most stands at the exhibitions. Most people prefer a manual tan I think, gets a much better result.

Mat

they are hopeless :irked: not at all cost effective on the use of solution,and a nightmare to maintain,If you want a feature similar to the auto spray booth for your salon then, then there are some nice looking spray stands/ extraction units ie the s2000, but many salons just use the pop up tent and manual HVLP machine as this can fold away into a corner when its not required, freeing up the space for other treatments, The new design of HVLP spray tan application machines give off very little overspray, and in most conditions extraction is no longer necessary

Hi all :green: I'm new to here & just setting up a business

I think I wanna get an automatic tanning booth so I was wondering what experiences you all have with the different makes & what the cost was...

Thanx

Louise

Hi Louise,
Automated boots came in from the U.S. when spray tanning first took off here in the UK and whilst still popular over the pond the smaller much cheaper hand held machines have all but wiped out most automated booths here.
These items by comparison are costly initially,dont produce a good tan outcome,are expensive to run as they use more solution and of course more expensive to maintain.

Save your money and get a hand held system...you and your customers will be much the happier :hug:

we have a california tan automated spray booth, it was very expensive but i feel gives a great result, i tired several hand held options and automated before purchasing and was impressed with this one, gives a lovely tan. and it dries you off after also. the tan is even and looks great. i wont mention other brands but some big names you would know i felt wernt nearly as good.

there are 3 levels on it to give the correct volume of spray, so it definatly does not drench you.

i believe the cost per tan to salon is £2.75 approx

also another point to consider is what type of clients you have, as its an automated booth the therapist does not have to go in with them, great for shy clients, we have found many people come to us just for that reason as they are uncomfy getting undressed in front of someone.

draw backs are that you can not do a part body if somebody just wants their legs done for example. And you would have to do alot of tans to justify buying it as Very expensive.

hope that helps you

using a Maximist that is correctly set up you can get up to 25 tans per litre that equates to 1.36 per tan in solution costs :lol::lol:

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I think I would get a lot of custum because no about has an automatic booth & I would attract a lot of shy customers - I think we're still very conservative over here, (Ireland), lol. I also plan to get manual equipment too because I think it would be good to do both

I went for spray tan in spray tan booth, tbh i wud have done a better job myself if i had used my own spray tan machine. Spray tan booth spray tanned me missed bits, my legs didnt look any different, one wrist was white and the other all patchy so a big NO NO NO NEVER AGAIN

Latest posts

Back