Orange Palms Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarnygirl1

Reaction score
Hi

ive just passed my LA Tanning course and im doing my first 20 clients for £5 so that i get alot of practice in.

Im getting orange palms, any suggestions if i m doing it wrong and over spraying or if i can get a better barrier cream

thanks

I usually just hold a baby wipe and let the client rub their palm on it just after I have finished tanning them. Have had no problems with orange palms. Also check they know not to touch their skin while the tan is developing.
Hope that helps, and good luck :hug: xx

thanks so much for that advice, not been told those bits before so will let cleints know, great thanks x

No problem, hope it makes a difference x

the obviousl answer is to make sure the client keeps their hands right out of the way. I find that putting their hands on their heads helps!

i rub alittle barrier cream into clients palms before starting then hold a wipe for them to wipe their palms on like jenx said.
x

thanks for all your help

ive had my first lot of feedback and out of 3 of them 2 have got tanned hands but they all have dark soles so i think maybe i need to get sticky feet or make sure i change the towel on every person or barrier cream on the soles of their feet

with my training they have their hands out on 2 occasions so will ahve to experiment on different positions so they arent holding out their hands but the positions are whati was trained with so its good that im practising before going to fully paid clients

yes i would suggest getting stickey feet as i use them and have never had a problem-some use couch roll-its preference really.
Yes, always position palms away from the spray, either facing floor or ceiling depending on the position the client is standing in.
Have fun
x

Hi

ive just passed my LA Tanning course and im doing my first 20 clients for £5 so that i get alot of practice in.

Im getting orange palms, any suggestions if i m doing it wrong and over spraying or if i can get a better barrier cream

thanks

If the application routine is correct there should really be no reason for clients to end up with orange hands without the use of any barrier creams.

If difficult you could try getting the client to rub in a little moisturiser to the palms of the hands to create a partial barrier....heavy barrier creams can create a white/brown tide mark.

Simply get them to create a claw pose and as you stripe down the arm simply start pulling the gun away at a point just above the wrist so only misting the hand.

To avoid orange palms on the clients first nights sleep you could recommend the use of a moisturiser to the palms of the hands also.

On the orange palms of the feet thing I can only recommend the use of sticky feet or alternatively a couch roll where you change the sheets after every application.

If it helps you can PM me your E mail addy and I will happily mail you our technique guide which is a great reference tool.

HTH :hug:

I was trained by Sienna and was taught to:

1. pull the gun away at ankles and wrists
2. use the mitt to shield the hand as you spray down the inner arm
3. barrier cream between fingers and on nails and a thin layer over fingers
4. use a tan removal wipe after spraying
5. always use sticky feet

hth - probably nothing u havent heard before lol! xxx

Latest posts

Back