Organic Elements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sukic

Reaction score
Hiya

Just wondering if anyone has used Organic Elements? If you do, what do you think. I'm thinking of switching from Eve Taylor to them instead.

All comments welcome. Ta muchly :green:

Hi,

Sorry I am not able to help you as I have never used this product range, but can I ask why you want to change from Eve Taylor? as its a range we are considering.

Thank you x

The product range is great, but try as I might I just can't seem to shift my facials. I think as its not well known, i'm not sure if people dismiss it. I'm thinking of Organic Elements because if people hear the word organic, they immediately think its good for them. The packaging on Eve Taylor isn't great either.

All my reasons are totally shallow, but I need to make money at the end of the day...so I'm hoping to speculate to accumulate.

You know what it might be worth doing is waiting until the Excel beauty exhibition and have a look at all the skincare companies; it might give you some inspiration.

We have found over the last few years our facials (dermalogica) have been reducing and our advanced facial treatments increasing, people are looking for more advanced treatments these days so maybe its worth looking into skin peels or skin needling.

We use Agera skin peels and Medik8 derma roller and we find although we do microdermabrasion (which is quite an expensive machine) our peels and needling cover everything we need and most importantly they give the results and are not too expensive to set up in. So we find if someone has acne, scarring, lines and winkles we can do something’s that will give results and for client who want a relaxing facial or have lesser skin problems Eve Taylor would probably do.

x

hi there, i am currently going thro the dilemma of getting microdermabrasion, but do you prefer the medik8 roller then?

We have found for acne scarring the derma roller is giving far better and quicker results than the microdermabrasion. If I knew then what I know now I would not have got my microdermabrasion machine.

Look into Medik8 skin needling, it’s not for all therapists as it is puncturing the skin and I had to get insurance through Sinclair insurance which is an American company as at the time the English insurance companies had never heard of it (maybe different now), but overall it will cost you far less to set up and our clients love it - well they love the results the treatment is not very nice!

x

Hi,

Going back to your original question I've just had samples from Organic Elements last week. I was thinking of introducing another range and the ads & website and whatever looked promising.

When I actually sat down and read the literature however I was rather disappointed to read, for example, "85% natural ingredients of which 12% of certified organic origin".

Can't blame them because when you think of the name there are 'organic elements' to the range, but I expected, and need, more in a completely natural range.

That's just me, but similarly, if a salon sold me the product and I was under the impression it was significantly organic then I'd be mighty miffed once I got it home.

That is a bit cheeky, I think there has to be such a small percentage of actual organic ingredients to allow them to be called organic. If 85% of the ingredients are natural though that's pretty good I think, but I understand what your saying. If it says its organic, it should be just that. I'm still waiting from my samples, I've emailed them twice now. How were the products, how did they feel?

Hello Geeks, this is my very first post after hanging around here for ages :)

Just wanted to say that I have Organic Elements in my place of work. The products are fine, nice texture, smell nice. What I find really disappointing is the lack of honesty regarding the 'organicness'. They have a nice logo on all the products and the website 'certified organic' but impossible to find out by whom they are certified. I have emailed them 3 times in the past asking this very question and they have never replied.

This has given me a very bad impression of the company as I feel that I am being lied to and am lying to my customers in saying they are organic, there is no proof. If I were you I would look into an organic range which has the Soil Association or Ecocert seal of approval (there are other european certifications too depending on the country of origin). There are some really nice products out there and you'll be able to really believe in!

On a more personal note, when I use an organic product I like it to feel different to a 'normal' product. I like a strong planty-kinda smell :) the way it feels like it was made in someone's kitchen lol. OE has fine texture and perfume like a more classic product. But that is just my preference :green:

I'm sorry that my first post is a negative one but this is a thing that bugs me every day I go into work!

x

Last edited:
Its not really a negative post, just your opinion, which I appreciate. Thanks :green:

Do OE have a short shelf life ?

When I changed ranges I was going to get some samples from this range but I remembered having a massage with a therapist that used the products and im sure she said that it didn't last as long as other ranges ??

I never had the facial as she then went on to say she very rarely did them and I was a bit worried the products might of expired !

hi, i have the Organics Elements facial range in my studio - I don't do as many facials as I would like to though - i agree, quite hard to "shift". The products are lovely, and smell absolutely divine, i like the fact that you have to freshly prepare many of the ingrediants but i think the packaging of the professional products looks really cheap - its definately a range I keep hidden in a cupboard and not out all the time. I'd love to be doing more facials but they just don't seem to be that popular - even with a 30% discount thru jan and feb!! I did have a look at Pinks - they look gorgeous!! but i feel i need to use up my Oe products before investing in a new line!

Latest posts

Back