Our Own Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
By the end of the week, my own acrylics are all out of shape and worn down. Forget about wearing polish. Does anyone manage to keep their polish on and in good shape? How??????????? xxx

Hey Kimmi,
When I am priviledged enough to have my nails done, I pu gel on top so the polish or art is not destroyed. This works well for me. My problem is keeping the done. I am right handed and do well on my left hand, but my right hand is nothing to be desired.

Chanda

If you wear your nails oval or almond shaped, the shape lasts very well when working in the salon ... Best shape for a nail technician who hasn't time to keep re-sculpting 'corners' as they are worn off.

I use Faze 2 over my enamel and then solvents do not affect it at all. I once did about 200 demos at a show and my polish was perfect at the end of it and that was 200 times that I used Scrub Fresh on the clients, not to mention how many times I removed polish from them before I prepped. !!

I think it is one of the most important things a nail technician can do ... which is to keep her own nails perfect all the time and for every client. VERY few nail technicains do this and yet YOU are the example of what you are selling! It can be done and easily if you take the right steps.

hi, i have the same problems with my own nails, i'm new to this what is faze 2 and where can i get it.

thanks
lesleyb

faze 2 is a gel product, so you do have to have a lamp to cure it. its available from designer nails. if you go to site stuff at the top of the page and then industry links you can access the site from there.

angel fingers said:
faze 2 is a gel product, so you do have to have a lamp to cure it. its available from designer nails. if you go to site stuff at the top of the page and then industry links you can access the site from there.

nope sorry angel fingers but a lamp is not required for faze 2...it is used like a brush on top coat but needs to be buffed off x

Yep.
Tracy is right.
Faze 2 does not need a UV Lamp to cure.
It cures in the normal UV in the room.
Used over enamel you have to put your polish on, say at night, then apply 2 coats of Faze 2 in the morning before work. Polish must be totally DRY before you apply. This is a product for nail technicians and not to sell to the customer or they get into a mess with it.

sorry,my mistake, but it is from designer nails right ?!
howcome it needs buffing off if it doesnt need curing, how does it differ from a regular top coat.

angel fingers said:
sorry,my mistake, but it is from designer nails right ?!
howcome it needs buffing off if it doesnt need curing, how does it differ from a regular top coat.
As I said above ... Faze 2 does CURE in the small amount of UV light in a normal room .... it does not need more than that. It is a gel but there is UV in the atmosphere all around us and it cures in even that tiny amount.

You can use it for permanent shine on any enhancement (always use two coats).

I dont get enough time to keep on top of my own nails :cry:as much as I would like .. Chanda is right ..left hand looks Greeeeat .. right one is a pigs ear :( ... and my own nails are so weak and nasty (Used to be a biter :o and they have never recovered).
I tend to keep mine short and neat if I dont have extentions on :D

I coat nails with nail art with a gel top coat that has an activator, it drys to a glass finish(not talking much longer than a nail varnish) and is much more durable :D .. makes my own life a little harder when it comes to infill and removal .. but as long as the designs stay put I am happy and so are my clients :D

I tried the wraps for a bit, but couldn't get them to stay on.

So, now I wear latex gloves. The only time I wear them though, is for soak off, filing and scrubfreshing (if that is in fact, a word!). When applying product and tips and forms, it gets too messy, so I remove them. I know it sounds like a pain in the bum, but it saves time on repairing your nails every five minutes.
I know this is probably expensive to some people, but I dispose of them after each client, so that there is no spread of infection.

Gel top coat works for scrubresh protection, but doesn't protect from the funny shapes you get when you file. I sometimes file the top of my left thumb nail and index finger aswell. This was quite painful when I didn't wear any enhancements for a while.

Maybe its down to file control, but I either catch my nails or skin. You can't help catching your nails when you are pulling back the sidewalls to protect your client.

I personnally don't like oval nails I have squoval. I have worn oval and general public don't like them. ( I know this because they told me :cry: ) I have some clients who like to tell the truth!!!

Anyway, latex gloves get my vote. They are useful for other things aswell!! :wink2: ...like gardening, or housework!!!

Hiya

i wear mine oval, as Geeg says they keep in better shape and hyou dont have to put in corners etc, i use Powerseal by Nailorder over my enamel and it lasts ages

Amanda

Latest posts

Back