Out of stock Vinylux

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan Fairy

Reaction score
Am really fed up, what the point of changing to Vinylux getting people interested & then when u want to order they never have the popular colours in stock, might as well go back to my Opi Varnish with Lumos top coat!:(

This is done to make you want it more. Toy manufacturers do it at Christmas all the time. They make a limited amount to create a hype. Usually it works but if like you, people are finding an alternative, it isn't working. :D

Annoying isn't it! All the colours I want are out of stock and have been for the past 3 weeks :( xx

out of interest what colours are you finding are the most popular?

This is done to make you want it more. Toy manufacturers do it at Christmas all the time. They make a limited amount to create a hype. Usually it works but if like you, people are finding an alternative, it isn't working. :D

I love conspiracy theory's but I can't see S2 doing them selfs out of money by with holding there stock LOL .

Mizzy Dizzy is correct in only one sense - we wouldn't do this as it isn't 'Serving the Pro' - YOU - which is what we are all about! This is the bones that I can give you - I hope it's enough at this point - no excuses - just facts as we have been told.

By September everything will be back on track as by August CND will have figured out their production issues. Sadly our orders that were placed 10 months ago, have not been fulfilled and we are still awaiting orders that should have been here April. Next week we have more colours arriving INCLUDING Electric Orange, but NOT all the ones you are waiting for :sad:

I also understand that there were a few colours that R&D were not happy with in terms of 'streak' factor and believe this is another reason for delay. Trust me - we would NEVER not have product to hype it... we did all the 'hype' before we launched so @Mobile Manicure this is just not how Sweet Squared rolls at all (although I am not saying others don't do it - but we most definitely do NOT do this nor would we).

There is literally nothing we can do as we are at the mercy of CND who have obviously created another winner and not anticipated correctly how much they would sell and made too little! :irked:

I am so very sorry it has been a pain. I can tell you that we do have Intro Packs and racks and also the pinkie kits - if you call S2 they will tell you what colours are in each!! Hope this helps although not enough I know. :o:sad:

I know it's no consolation at all but we as distributors find the same frustrations with our manufacturers.
Imagine my horror and fury when I placed a huge order, only to to be told, oh, we're reformulating a few things and they won't be back for a couple of months.
What?!
Did you think to tell me? I could have stocked up if I'd known!
Oh no, we wouldn't have allowed you to; you're not our only distributor...
Argh!

It drives me to distraction. Which is a very short journey for me!

Yes thats very true, it is what I am having to do :(

I love conspiracy theory's but I can't see S2 doing them selfs out of money by with holding there stock LOL .

Well it certainly is not good business sense to run a new product like this, they are doing themselves out of money, it is hard enough to get people to leave Gelish, without a no stock problem!! :/

I know it's no consolation at all but we as distributors find the same frustrations with our manufacturers.
Imagine my horror and fury when I placed a huge order, only to to be told, oh, we're reformulating a few things and they won't be back for a couple of months.
What?!
Did you think to tell me? I could have stocked up if I'd known!
Oh no, we wouldn't have allowed you to; you're not our only distributor...
Argh!

It drives me to distraction. Which is a very short journey for me!

It really is not good enough, I honestly thought by now things would have been sorted out, thankfully in my neck of the woods there are not many therapists using it! however that doesnt really solve my problem, I am having people from 65 miles away asking me to to get some from them, & I dont even have enough my self!! And at the end of summer is not good enough really after the clients have had all their holidays, not good enough at all!!!

It really is not good enough, I honestly thought by now things would have been sorted out, thankfully in my neck of the woods there are not many therapists using it! however that doesnt really solve my problem, I am having people from 65 miles away asking me to to get some from them, & I dont even have enough my self!! And at the end of summer is not good enough really after the clients have had all their holidays, not good enough at all!!!

I don't understand your aggression towards the situation, there are loads of colour in stock, what is it that you soo desperately can't get your hands on? I understand that your upset that you can't fulfil your client needs but I think there are plenty of colours and deals in stock.
The only think I'm waiting for is the two wrack deal which was in stock last week and was in my basket but I forgot :( and by the time I'd got back to it they had all gone :( but keep checking this week, Samantha has just said they are expecting a delivery soon so hopefully I will remember

I also understand that there were a few colours that R&D were not happy with in terms of 'streak' factor and believe this is another reason for delay.

I understand if you are not able to tell us, but I am interested in which colours they were not happy with in terms of streak factor. I hope I don't have any of them sitting on my retail shelf. :confused:

I don't understand your aggression towards the situation, there are loads of colour in stock, what is it that you soo desperately can't get your hands on?

I agree that aggression is not needed, but it is understood.

I'm willing to bet that the colours that we all soo desperately can't get our hands on are the ones that are out of stock.
Pink bikini
Lobster roll
Electric orange
Bicycle yellow
Lilac longing
Impossibly plush
Grape gum

'twas ever thus. Manufacturers will be beholden unto the vagaries of public demand, raw material availability, supply chain anomalies.

I absolutely know that Sam and Samantha will be in constant touch with CND to chivvy things along, and that their SweetHearts will be taking all manner of sh1t on the phone from frustrated professionals, and that the whole entire way up and down the chain they will be thinking "we're all losing money because of this, the competition will be snapping at our heels".

Nobody has a crystal ball. Nobody can truly predict how these things are going to go.
Take a chill pill and trust that everything is moving as fast as it can.

by the time that they al come in yellow and orange will be soooo last year dahhling lol!
I'm waiting for grape gum for a special client's toes for a wedding but will shellac her for the same price if necessary or split the pack of minis. there are always ways and means around things.

To be true there is not much I can do about it really is there, because my clients are pretty loyal to me, so even if they are no longer interested in VL, they will have something else.
Yes it is all those colours & more, & yes it is frustrating & it has been quite a while now to have to wait, far longer than anyone should have to with a professional product, & yes it is no wonder if you wonder at the irritation of this if you do not need much, but when u use a lot & are having clients keep ringing for them, then u would understand ( I would have thought ) & I certainly dont know what you mean about aggression lol, frustration & Aggression are two DIFFERENT things ;)

It's so frustrating at the moment, but we now have some idea of when we can expect a full compliment of colours. I did wonder if their was an material / quality issue as some colours have restocked but not others.

It would be helpful if you could let us know which colours won't be in until then so we can let clients know and manage their expectations.

Also a bulk price on packs of 12 / 24 top coats would be appreciated! The profit margins on top coats with colours following the CND / S2 RRP is horrendous on the topcoat.

Hi I feel I just have to comment I went to the event & met Sam & Sam & can honestly say I have never met a couple so passionate about their customers us? The pros that they would never knowing sell a product by building up the hype then holding off stock? They answered all our questions & what we wanted them to do in the future & they promised to do what we want if possible? We are their bread & butter why on earth would they try & con us? Fabulous couple who just want us to succeed

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to give us the best there is and will always continue to do so.
Just had to write this as it makes me sad to think people would liken sweet squared to companies who don't give a damn when they give so much more

I think most problems can be solved by buying the pinkie sets!

I tell clients that the colours and top coats are £11.95 each (I don't tell them the combined price of £17.95) so it would cost them a few pence short of £24 or the pinkie set for £19.95 and get 4 colours AND the top coat! So they buy the pinkie set as they want pink bikini or grape gum etc. rather than wait for the big size. I suppose you could split the pinkie sets but make sure they get a full size TC.

Regarding colour and top coat RRP, it's a RRP! You can sell them at £11.95 each,you could sell them for £25 each! If you don't want to offer the combined price... Then don't :) if you feel your clients would happily pay £11.95 each and get the colour and top coat good for you :)

Last edited:
Hi I feel I just have to comment I went to the event & met Sam & Sam & can honestly say I have never met a couple so passionate about their customers us? The pros that they would never knowing sell a product by building up the hype then holding off stock? They answered all our questions & what we wanted them to do in the future & they promised to do what we want if possible? We are their bread & butter why on earth would they try & con us? Fabulous couple who just want us to succeed
Fabulous people who

I think you are misreading me, I don't know them personally & do not think a company like theirs would be run unprofessionally , I feel this is turning into a witch Hunt for goodness sake I am not attacking anyone personally, I am not the only one on here or elsewhere that has complained about this situation & I dont think I will be the last, however we are all meant to be able to voice our opinion on a subject & I have mine, as someone else said take a chill pill!!!

Latest posts

Back