Over Exposure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charshaun

Reaction score
Hi bio Geeks. One of my clients has suddenly just started having an adverse reaction. This is the second time. First around christmas when I repaired a couple of nails she had snapped and last night when I did infills. Both times it has taken 4 hours for the reaction to start and there is a burning sensation on the pads of her fingers and around her cuticles moving down the finger. the skin is red, sore and itchy.

I am very careful with the products I use and try and concentrate on applying to the nail and not the skin as I know the potential problems with over-exposure.

The only thing I can think of that I have done differently is used the Bio cuticle remover instead of a sanitising Gel I usually use with my OPI pusher to remove excess eponychium. Could this be the culprit??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Charlotte :irked:

It sounds like overexposure to me, it would be best to remove the product and I would suspect the probable cause is L&P.

It doesnt have to be an immediate reaction to something different you are using, but the prolonged over exposure to a product.

Hi Hun are you saying you used a cuticle remover instead of sanitising gel? to sanitise the hands? x

I wouldn't have thought it would be the cuticle remover as this gets washed off immediately after removing any non living tissue. (or at least should be washed off).

HTH

too much primer ?

Are you using all bio products? Why were you using sanitiser gel for cuticle removal initially? Ive not had any problems with using the cuticle remover maybe the client is very sensitive to a particular ingredient in it?

It is very little use everyone guessing as to which product you are using being the one that is irritating your client.

For YOU it will be a process of elimination as you try different things.

If you are changing your routine with this client, then reverse, and eliminate the changes.

Apart form the actual enhancement products, most other preparation solutions are meant to touch the client's skin without adverse affects. However people can become allergic to water so anything is possible.

I agree with zoo, that burning sounds like too much primer ... but that is just a guess. It is you who have to do the sleuthing.

Hi thanks for all your replies but it is not primer as i am using Bio Gel. The only thing i have used differently on this particular client is the Bio cuticle remover as I have previously used the OPI sanitising gel which OPI use with their cuticle pusher. I have found this to be more effective at getting rid of eponychium.

I do agree with geeg that it could just be a sudden reaction after all these months but very annoying!!

Charlotte

Hi thanks for all your replies but it is not primer as i am using Bio Gel. The only thing i have used differently on this particular client is the Bio cuticle remover as I have previously used the OPI sanitising gel which OPI use with their cuticle pusher. I have found this to be more effective at getting rid of eponychium.

I do agree with geeg that it could just be a sudden reaction after all these months but very annoying!!

Charlotte

Hi Hun sorry i misunderstood in my last reply, cuticle remover should not touch the skin only the nail plate, try not using this product and see if it is that product, its a process of elimination x x

Hi bio Geeks. One of my clients has suddenly just started having an adverse reaction. This is the second time. First around christmas when I repaired a couple of nails she had snapped and last night when I did infills. Both times it has taken 4 hours for the reaction to start and there is a burning sensation on the pads of her fingers and around her cuticles moving down the finger. the skin is red, sore and itchy.

I am very careful with the products I use and try and concentrate on applying to the nail and not the skin as I know the potential problems with over-exposure.

The only thing I can think of that I have done differently is used the Bio cuticle remover instead of a sanitising Gel I usually use with my OPI pusher to remove excess eponychium. Could this be the culprit??

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Charlotte :irked:

hello,

have you cured for apprpriate time? if gel isn't curing properly, this can also cause over exposure..... just a thought

To clarify - eponychium is living tissue - the fold of healthy skin at the top of the nail plate and should never be cut or removed in any way ... you are in actual fact referring to cuticle in this instance....

I would suggest as geeg mentioned try a process of elimination until the you find the culprit product/ ingredient ;)

Latest posts

Back