Over heating highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on only one side of the head? This suggests that it wasn't the shampoo at fault unless she only ever washed half a head, lol.

A similar previous thread where a reaction occurred on only one side of the head was deemed due to the after effects of anaesthetic. The client had had some dental work done on one side of her mouth and the anaesthetic had affected that side of the scalp.

Very good point! I dont think it would be down to the water or shampoo (although these can cause "hot" lights) if it only happened on one side of her head...
xx

Because its one side It could be that she rinsed one side better than the other. Do you have two bits of extensions about? If you do, you could try washing 1 bit in head and shoulders then applying the same products to both and see if it happens again to the head and shoulders one. Xx

It happened me once with a client had been doing her hair for years and no prob but that time it heated up and bleach turned to water straight away i knew it had to be well water,i asked her had she moved house and she had and turned out the house was using well water.xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Oh god. Just from the well water. The different things that can make it react is frightening.

This same thing happend to me with blonde me I was mortified and it was a really good friend and now she had had to have her hair chopped off into a bob!! Because I worked with her I no ppl have been talking about it and it's knocked my confidence!! Av fine highlights for years aswell and this had never happened x

Did the client have any anaesthetic in the past few months? Local or general?

Latest posts

Back