Overlay Gel/Shellac/Gelish Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronnie1234

Reaction score
What is the difference between Overlay Gel / Shellac / Gelish Gel?

How long does each last on:

Finger Nails?

Toe Nails?

Was this not covered in your training? x

I haven't started training yet

What is the difference between Overlay Gel / Shellac / Gelish Gel?

How long does each last on:

Finger Nails?

Toe Nails?

A Gel overlay, is just that, an overlay of gel on a natural nail, no tips or lengthening of the nail. A soak off or a hard buff off gel can be used to do overlays. This would be part of the training in any Gel system. Maintenance appointments would be required every 2 to 3 weeks and that procedure should also be covered in any training course.

Shellac is a power polish not a gel, and is like a polish that cures in UV light, there are loads of threads on here about it so I won't say any more. You would need training in manicures in order to purchase it but also doing the Shellac training is advised.

Gelish is a gel polish, ou also need manicure training to purchase and training in its use is also advised.

Both Shellac and Gelish and any Gel polish last 2 to 3 weeks then if removed and redone.

I hope this answers your questions, I take it you are doing some research before you enter the world of nails ;)

Thank you for your help

Latest posts

Back