own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i do my nails yes it takes twice as long,an as i am left handed my right hand always a bit dodgey...

but i always find that my nails go out of shape.. with me filling clients nails all the time, they look a right state after a few days, especially my index finger it goes into a point,

does anyone else have this problem?

maybe its how i hold my file

hayley x

Hi Hayley, have you tried the flexi-wrap stuff? You wrap it around the tops of your fingers and it doesn't stick, great stuff hth:)

I have not had the time to read through all the answers, but here is my two cents.

I always do my own nails and have done for 8 years. The only one who has done my nails was my teacher. It's promoting my own work but the best thing, I learn SO much from doing it. I still learn and perfect things when I do my own nails. The best is to have much time and to only do one or two nails and enjoy. If I do all in one, I don't enjoy it and I get stressed. I hate it... :)

C.

I usually do my own but as I am training at the moment we have to have our nails free from enhancements! They have to free from enhancements so we, the students, get to practise on each other. But since training and having two sets put on and two sets taken off I now have hardly any nail plate left.

They are a mess!

Can't wait until I finish the course and can wear bling bling nails.

i think this is a really interesting thread ... its virtually impossible to give yourself a perfect set that you are happy with ... being a Virgo and all. Practice makes perfect i suppose.
ok , i admit it .. I've lied and said i did them .. when clearly i didnt!!!:o

I've just done myself a set tonight whilst watching the tv and i'm looking at my right hand pulling it to shreds .. grrr !!! i wish i had a nail fairy .. Like my husbands washing, ironing and cooking one !!!???:)

I always do my own i've had mine done by my educator and she said i'm a horrible client lol,
I always do something glittery and new so that my clients can see what i can do, and then i have about 10 clients walking around with the same nails as me so i cahnge them again!!

i think this is a really interesting thread ... its virtually impossible to give yourself a perfect set that you are happy with ... being a Virgo and all. Practice makes perfect i suppose.
ok , i admit it .. I've lied and said i did them .. when clearly i didnt!!!:o

I've just done myself a set tonight whilst watching the tv and i'm looking at my right hand pulling it to shreds .. grrr !!! i wish i had a nail fairy .. Like my husbands washing, ironing and cooking one !!!???:)

I always do my own now and although I may not be happy with my wrong hand I can always say that I've done them myself and clients really seem to like that, I'm always ultra critical on myself too.

Imho I would not lie to my clients if another tech had done my nails

I agree to most of the posts that your own nails is the best way to advertising and it's agreat ice breaker too. I always do my own and start on my right hand as it's my hardest. And it still takes me forever to do a set but worth it in the end.

I've spent so much time practising on my wrong hand, it now looks better than the right one. My great grandmother was ambidextrous. Don't know if that's got anything to do with it!

I do my own nails and I have to have nail art or I just don't feel right. It does take me forever tho. I tried the reverse application today on my own hands and it was so much easier and faster and hardly any filing needed! For me on my own hands... thats amazing!

I do my own,it's great practise !

If you have a nail trainer practise on there with your wrong hand,that way when you come to do your own it won't be as difficult hth's x

I am usually "satisfied" with my own,especially my wrong hand but they are a great form of advertisement as it has been said.

Saying that,and fabulous geek is doing my wedding nails and i can't wait :green:

I was a little dubious at first because that the one time everyone will look at my hands and they won't be my work,but hey it's my party and i'll cry if i want to :lol: :green: :lol:

That's a great tip from Becki about using the nail trainer with your "wrong" hand.

I do my own and have been very busy this week. I have had lots of compliments on them and if I'm honest when they ask who does yours and I say me , I feel slightly smug with myself.:lol:

I don't do many gel nails so I have p&w gel at the mo and they look very natural if I say so myself.

I can spot problems but it's a great feeling to be able to conquer doing your own nails and they especially if they look good. Filing can take alot longer though:lol: .

Teri x:hug:

I do my own and have been very busy this week. I have had lots of compliments on them and if I'm honest when they ask who does yours and I say me , I feel slightly smug with myself.:lol:

I don't do many gel nails so I have p&w gel at the mo and they look very natural if I say so myself.

I can spot problems but it's a great feeling to be able to conquer doing your own nails and they especially if they look good. Filing can take alot longer though:lol: .

Teri x:hug:

I love it when people ask where I get my nails done and I say I do them myself. Very smug indeed (and rightly so, methinks!). :green:

I've just done myself a set tonight whilst watching the tv and i'm looking at my right hand pulling it to shreds .. grrr !!!
With practice it is possible to do your own nails and be happy with the final look of them, however they'll rarely be perfect, not to our 'eye' anyway!
We're all critical of our work and that's good because it means we're always striving to do better.
I'm happy with the way my nails look after I've done them, it wasn't always the case and I was rarely happy with a set of nails I'd done on myself, after doing them myself for 3 years and improving all the time I can now look at them and feel pleased, they don't look too bad lol

Latest posts

Back