Packed it all in

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Hey guys just want to say thanks for the support on here but I have packed in my mobile beauty business

Unfortunately a few ladies started undercutting me in price for eg £5 tans - yes £5 tans and I simply cannot afford it any longer :( I have also come to realise I cannot deal with the stress of it Working with horrible customers my nerves always getting the better of me

I am just going to be doing make up and nails tans for special occasions but going back to my old job

Thanks again for all the help and support from everyone here

Kat x

Sorry to hear this Kat. I understand where you are coming from though, and I hope you find happiness and success again in whatever you choose to doing the future. :hug: xx

Awww sorry to read ur post. I recently gave up my hair salon coz I became pregnant.. A bad pregnancy! And was spending more time in hospital than at work. And after realising that I don't wanna put my baby in full time nursery I decided to close for good. It's heartbreaking.. And at the time i felt like a failure..But now I've done it, im actually relieved! I've started renting a chair in a salon part time and really enjoying it.. Is this not an option for u? X

I understand how you feel right now but this may change. I gave up my salon in 2006 and it was heart-breaking :cry: I took a step back and returned to my old job but as time went on I found I really missed the world of beauty.

After some pretty major events earlier this year I made the decision to come back to beauty therapy and am slowly building up a client base as a mobile/home based therapist. Not sure that at 47 I'm not too old to start again but I'm giving it a go and loving it. Maybe you will return when you feel ready :hug:

Aww sorry to hear you have decided to leave the industry. Is part time not an option for you?

Wait a while and see ... No-one can afford to give spraytans for £5 for very long taking into account their labour and travel expenses and I would suspect the quality of the product is very poor.

dont feel you are on your own hun.

I think alot are in same situation, me included I have just got another job in care work as I was just not getting enough work working mobile and from home, there are to many salons round here, and loads of promotions on groupon etc that I can hardly make any money at all.

But I will still work from home/mobile when I can in evenings/spare time etc, maybe that could be a option for you x

Good luck and stay postive xx

Don't give up! By all means, get another job, but you can still do your beauty stuff part time on the side... Keep your prices at a level you are happy with - sod the idiots who charge £5 for a spray tan. The won't last long in this industry at that rate, and to be honest one £5 spray tan later and chances are their customers will be looking for something better and there will be you waiting and ready!

Although I understand if you do. I had moments about a month ago where I was literally getting through my salon day by day, worrying about whether I could afford to open the doors the next day. I was given an option out and chose not to take it and I am so grateful for that now. It's still hard, it's still a struggle but at least I know if I can get through that - I can bloody well get through anything!!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with taking a step back. If it's stealing your joy, it's time to let it go.

Perhaps doing special event beauty treatments will be all the "fix" and connection to this industry you need to make you happy.

Good luck in your future endeavors! I wish you much success and happiness.

Hey everyone I just want to say thankyou all got your lovely comments :) I have taken a step back and thought about everything I when I think about what I have archeived being mobile ( sometimes I dint give myself enough credit) I would be silly to give it all up, my current job is finishing at Christmas due to end of contract but all of a sudden I have this determination to not let those other people who are undercutting me get me down I'm going to work 100 times harder... And be better

Thanks so much everyone for really picking me up now ive given myself a big shake and I'm ready for anything
Kat x

There will always be someone under cutting you. There always is dont let that get you down. A lot of people wouldnt go to someone doing a £5 tan as they would have a huge fear of being orange lol if you are too cheap u get cheap people and they are not always the nicest lol. Why dont you do a bit part time but charge whatever price you want to ( a decent price) and build your client list slowly xxxx hope all goes well for you xx

Latest posts

Back