Paid for Leaflet drops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you ever paid for leaflet drops?

• Yes

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • No

Votes: 146 74.1%
  • Was it successful - Yes

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • No.

Votes: 34 17.3%

• Total voters
I've just booked to do a 10,000 leaflet drop. Areas to be delivered chosen by me.

The leaflet is A5 and is full colour glossy card....a bit more than a leaflet!

Delivery is £35 per 1,000.

The leaflets get delivered after the morning post so they're there to be picked up in the evening.

They check delivery by actually going round to people's houses to ask if they have been received.....one firm got some back through their own letter box saying 'my letter box isn't a waste bin' lol...so they got delivered.

I also have Yellow Pages, but's lets face it, business isn't just going to fall into my lap and I have to have more clients, especially now that I am flying solo!

I have read in many marketing things that you can expect a 1% return on leaflet drops so that's 100....hopefully.

I'll let you know how it goes and no doubt put the leaflet up for hints and tips when I have a draft.

I'm remaining positive.

Just thought I'd give an update.....my advertising started to go out this week....have had 3 new clients book in so far and still have 1000's to go.

3 down, 97 to go as I am looking for a minimum 1% return on this marketing exercise....

The company I have chosen to design and deliver are delivering, not just chucking the leaflets (but they're not just leaflets (A5 glossy, double sided, full colour), I wish I could give you all one) in the nearest bin!

I will keep you updated as I am still very optimistic!

Well done, thats not a bad start! Hope the other 97 phone soon.:)

well i did a lot of drops myself and have paid the kids to do it for me too, we've delivered 3000 so far and ive had 7 enquiries in last two weeks, just got another one last night, so its been ok for me, i was told to expect 1 for every 500 i delivered so 7 or 8 clients is good, and so far 5 have re-booked !

ive still got to post to the next little village up from me yet, so if i feel better this weekend ill do some on sat and see if i get any more from that, if i got the same response, that would do me fine 14 regular clients would be great for now, while i do more courses etc,

the success of drops i suppose, depends which area your in and other things though dosent it

cathie, let us know how it goes hun, wanna know how your countdown coming along!!

I have found that word of moth is the best advertisement
do they deliver at night time?!!! sorry I know you meant mouth, just kidding.

I'm just going through the dilemma of should I or shouldn't I do a leaflet drop. If I did I would pay some friends/colleagues to do it for me.

I appreciate in the current situation with the strikes this doesn't sound any good, but the Post Office will deliver leaflets with the morning mail. I can't remember how much it was when they spoke to me but it wasn't horrendously dear.

I appreciate in the current situation with the strikes this doesn't sound any good, but the Post Office will deliver leaflets with the morning mail. I can't remember how much it was when they spoke to me but it wasn't horrendously dear.

oh i didnt know they offered this service, will ask them about costs for this

thanks for that hun xx

From memory I got about 40 appointments from this, most of which were one offs.....word of mouth all the way for me now..... and it's happening, takes time for word to get out though, about 18 months for my salon so far.

It was a very expensive exercise but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Happy to pass on my experiences but different demographics may make for a totally different result.

ive actually just done a leaflet drop for my other business this morning and im sooo tired and broke a nail!!!! im gonna pay my daughter and her freinds to do the rest! lol

just thought i would add,
I deliver 400/500 leaflets to the same area every 2 months, ive been doing this for the last 2 years, i have built my business by 20%, just from delivering the leaflets. Ive had lots of phone calls from people saying " ive just had leaflet about xxxxx promotion" and i think that was over 3 weeks when i delivered in that street. so Its shows that people keep the leaflets.
I have found that it takes people at least 2/3 times until they make that phone call
so in my opinion you may not get the reaction you want 1st time round but if you keep doing the leaflet drops you will get a better result every time you do it.

for example
Miss X (New customer) has 1/2 leg wax @ £13.00
then books in every 6/8 weeks = 7 times a year = £91 ish a year
plus other treatments she has had.
Miss X is worth £150 pound a year to me.

I did a leaflet drop around my estate (3 large streets) and didn;t get anything from it, but a few people have said to me that they didn't realise it was me as my name wasn't on the leaflets.

got a teenager neighbour plus friend to do a large estate in my village on Saturday so don't know if anyone has shown any interest.

she's doing another large estate in the village where my rooms are next weekend.

totally agree about doing the same place more than once. I'm already working on the next leaflet and hope to get them out within a month.

for what its cost, as long as I get 1 or 2 calls from it, it will have been worth the effort and expenditure.

what was the saying something like, 'you see something 3 times before you do it' i think a combination of things brings people in for me, yes word of mouth is my number one but i have to say leaflets have worked well for me. i paid 90 including vat and del for 5000 leaflets a5 full colour that i designed and then a further £140 to get them all delivered, it was well worth it, people don't always book straight away but will pop it in their drawer or on a noticeboard for future ref, i will be doing the same again in the new year. i know its a bit like a swear word on here but e-bay have some great flyer/leaflet printing offers. x

Please can you share the name of the company, who delivered your leaflets?
That is a good price to pay.

I paid £250 for 5000 leaflets A5 size glossy photo, company was called printing.com

Have about 1000 left over, me and my mum delivered the rest over a few months, it is very tiring and time consuming and out of the ones we posted i have had around 20 bookings. People do tend to keep hold of them and out the blue you tend to get a call!!!

You would have to get someone you know to deliver them for you, as there is to many con men who would just throw them to one side!!!!!

The cost of the leaflets have paid for themselves including the time spent delivering them, as most of these new customers are now regulars and i have had referral from them also. xx :hug:

Hi Fiona,

i'm doing one last leaflet drop this weekend and if I don't get anything from it, I won't do it again.

Dont give up on the leaflets hun its just the wrong time of year to go out advertising i would say,i despo need to get some more leaflets out at d moment i really dont think it ll be worth it at as peeps are still skint from xmas and they wont be getting paid till the end of the month.Im gonna hang on till near valentines day n go and drop a load!!:lol:

sorry to ask but what is leaflet drops
thanks

sorry to ask but what is leaflet drops
thanks

Its were you post leaflets through letterboxes around your area to advertise your business!! :hug: xx

Latest posts

Back