Pain in wrist and elbow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Raising

Reaction score
I am a nail tech student and am approx 350 hours into my program. Currently, I am experiencing pain at the wrist and most elbow area. When I open bottles, jars, pump bottles etc, I feel a twinge in my hand/wrist. I am certain this is all due to repetitive motion or improper posture or positioning of hands/arms/shoulder... etc. Can anyone guide me on how to prevent this in the future. At the moment I am 'resting' the joints and doing stretches. Thank you in advance.

does the pain run between your elbow and wrist? i get mild carple tunnel which runs from my elbown to wrist, it comes on if i clench my and too often (things like opening bottles and holding a brush tightly).
what helps me is stretching out my arm and hand. also rolling my wrist in circles with fingers outstretched.
its like i need to stretch the muscles egularly, then i dont get it.
try using a foam wedge to support your arm.

Massage! Get them as much as you can it will help ward off carpel tunnel and help easy the pain. You are using that part of your body so much more then you ever have before and it is taxing on it. Massage is the keys to being pain free. I am sure there are other Nail techs in you school that would be more then happy to trade massage with you, As i am sure they hurt as well. :hug:

and stretching is great for this as well! Here is a link to some that might help. Link
what helps me is stretching out my arm and hand. also rolling my wrist in circles with fingers outstretched.
its like i need to stretch the muscles egularly, then i dont get it.
try using a foam wedge to support your arm.

OMg!! Hi from TN! What part of TN you in? I'm in Cleveland!
i totally i understand the pain. Consult with a massage therapist and there are stretches and massages you can do at home on your self that will help you relieve this pain. Its hard to explain online without showing you. Also grab up a couple of wrist braces from walmart and wear them at night. Its annoying at first but it helps keep your wrists striaght and allows the nerves to rest. GL

I can tell you from experience, take care of your parts!

I have had popped tendons and tendinitis in both elbows, I had arthritis in both thumbs with knuckle replacement on my left and another in the future for my right one.

Now, I'm having surgery on my right (dominant) shoulder on April 16 for tendinitis, bursitis and bone spurs and possible rotor cuff tear. Thing you don't think of, can weaken.

All this from almost 22 years of doing nails and thinking I took better care of myself.

...and people don't think being a nail tech is a "real job"! News for them!

Kathleen
My Nails Rock!
acne anti aging virus anxiety at mynailsrock.com
Poughkeepsie NY USA!

Latest posts

Back