Pain relief while in labour?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aw are you, congrats:) wonder if we will go same date lol i cant wait its flying in!xx

I feel the same, it's going far too quick. When's your 20 week scan? Have you got any names yet? x

Thank you!

100% having a water birth again! It was so peaceful.
And I defo think the water helped with the pain, it's just magical, you bring you baby up into the water, all by yourself!

If I can't have the pool, I think I might cry :(

When are you due? xxx

Aww Sarah congratulations I didn't realize you were pregnant eek xx iv got about 5 weeks left now and plan to just go with the flow lol hoping for an easy labor and delivery x

I feel the same, it's going far too quick. When's your 20 week scan? Have you got any names yet? x

my 20week scan is 11th feb, when have you got yours? ill be moving house the week before it, had to move for extra room! looked at couple names but going to find out sex if can at scan then choose some names, are you going to find out what having?x

my 20week scan is 11th feb, when have you got yours? ill be moving house the week before it, had to move for extra room! looked at couple names but going to find out sex if can at scan then choose some names, are you going to find out what having?x

Aw we are the 12th :) so exciting. We're keeping it a surprise. Our wee girl is 8 so it's been a while and feel like we're doing it all over again xx

Hello again everyone! Hope all your pregnancies are going well :)

Just wanted to ask a quick question to those who've been in labor before, have you experienced 'slow labor'? I've been having contractions for the past 2 days now which got very close together last night, went to be checked over at the hospital and my cervix has shortened but not dilated! :( been sent home and got an appointment tomorrow to have baby checked over and I hoping they'll offer to induce me as I'm only a couple days over due but I don't think I could handle much more of these pains as I've had next to none sleep and being my first pregnancy it's getting me a bit down now, just want my little boy here now! x

Hello again everyone! Hope all your pregnancies are going well :)

Just wanted to ask a quick question to those who've been in labor before, have you experienced 'slow labor'? I've been having contractions for the past 2 days now which got very close together last night, went to be checked over at the hospital and my cervix has shortened but not dilated! :( been sent home and got an appointment tomorrow to have baby checked over and I hoping they'll offer to induce me as I'm only a couple days over due but I don't think I could handle much more of these pains as I've had next to none sleep and being my first pregnancy it's getting me a bit down now, just want my little boy here now! x

My labour was very slow so I totally sympathise with you!- contractions intermittently for over a week and then full blown labour for 45 hours! They wouldn't intervene until my waters broke 30 hours in and had meconium in them. If I could go back I would definitely have been more insistent that the hospital do something sooner - it's great that they are being proactive about checking the little one - my hospital didn't give a stuff! Google clarisage essential oil - it was what got me into established labour :) good luck huni - it's all worth it in the end :) x

Have u tried acupuncture to help things along and to help establish labour I had it with 3 out of my 4 for various different things and it really does help

For my first I had a slow labour over 3 days. Terrible wimp. I had an epidural and promised myself never again. Baby number 2 i had a 4 hour labour and a natural birth with no pain relief. She practically just "popped" out.

Every birth is different for every woman. Some have easier 1st births, you just have to go with the flow and do what's right for your situation. No use in even doing a birth plan in my opinion, you just dont know how it's going to go. I think with a birth plan you're just setting yourself up for failure.

For my first I had a slow labour over 3 days. Terrible wimp. I had an epidural and promised myself never again. Baby number 2 i had a 4 hour labour and a natural birth with no pain relief. She practically just "popped" out.

Every birth is different for every woman. Some have easier 1st births, you just have to go with the flow and do what's right for your situation. No use in even doing a birth plan in my opinion, you just dont know how it's going to go. I think with a birth plan you're just setting yourself up for failure.

Definitely agree with not doing a birth plan - I was devastated when my water hypnobirth went down the loo!
x

Just want to say thank you for everyone sharing their experiences! :) I'm now a proud mummy to the most gorgeous little boy who made his arrival on the 21st after having three days of contractions and a bit of a scare with his heart beat I had to be induced. Thankfully he was perfectly healthy, weighing 9lb 1 - glad I went with an epidural in the end!

Just want to say thank you for everyone sharing their experiences! :) I'm now a proud mummy to the most gorgeous little boy who made his arrival on the 21st after having three days of contractions and a bit of a scare with his heart beat I had to be induced. Thankfully he was perfectly healthy, weighing 9lb 1 - glad I went with an epidural in the end!

Awwww, congratulations!!!,:biggrin:

Congratulations! Thats a healthy weight too!

My youngest was born 23rd Dec, no pain relief- to quick, I started pushing in the hospital lift!

Congratulations. My daughter birthday is also this date xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I did my labour on 2 paracetamol with a hot water bottle - painful!!

The hospital repeatedly told me that i was not in labour (without seeing me!!) and so told me to stay at home. It was only after pushing on the toilet for about 2 hours that i thought it was about time i had a trip to hospital. I was in the delivery room about 20 minutes and my daughter was born. All pain forgotten :)

My funniest labour was with no 2 child labour wasn't going very well but I knew I have to stay in control I can also sing soprano so I sang through the labour at the top of my voice rendition of queen we are the champion and under pressure by david Bowie by the end all the nurses and drs who were free came in to watch me give birth and they joined in it was a very special birth and she is lovely

My funniest labour was with no 2 child labour wasn't going very well but I knew I have to stay in control I can also sing soprano so I sang through the labour at the top of my voice rendition of queen we are the champion and under pressure by david Bowie by the end all the nurses and drs who were free came in to watch me give birth and they joined in it was a very special birth and she is lovely
Wow! Maybe she'll be musical after that entrance to the world ;)

Latest posts

Back