Painful Hand Worries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am hoping that somebody can shed some light on a little problem that has just cropped up recently. My nail salon has been open nearly 3 years and all of a sudden my right hand which I use all day with my electric file has suddenly become sore. It is predominantly the knuckle of the index finger and when pressed it feels bruised. For the last few months there has sometimes been a faint feeling of pins and needles underneath near my wrist but shaking the hand seemed to keep the gristle-feeling at bay. Now, the knuckle is permanently sore and I've taken to wearing a tubi-grip. I have been to see the doctor but he was a bit vague and said it sounded like a repetitive strain injury - but is this common? I have certainly never come across this feeling before. Today I took some anti-inflammatory which eased it off a bit and I have been using a gel the doctor gave me but it didn't really work. I know that padding my hand-piece of my drill may help slightly to stop the knuckle becoming even more irritated! And I have just been on a break to Scotland for 5 days and it still hurts even away from my job!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am very worried because my salon is so very busy and I am frightened to death of something happening to my hand!

Many thanks!

Lydz :cry: xxx

I had the same thing, I found out I wasn't letting my file do the job, o I kind of pressed it with the index-finger, I loosened the grip and it disappeared. I hope this is the case for you too. Good luck:hug:

Hello everyone,

I am hoping that somebody can shed some light on a little problem that has just cropped up recently. My nail salon has been open nearly 3 years and all of a sudden my right hand which I use all day with my electric file has suddenly become sore. It is predominantly the knuckle of the index finger and when pressed it feels bruised. For the last few months there has sometimes been a faint feeling of pins and needles underneath near my wrist but shaking the hand seemed to keep the gristle-feeling at bay. Now, the knuckle is permanently sore and I've taken to wearing a tubi-grip. I have been to see the doctor but he was a bit vague and said it sounded like a repetitive strain injury - but is this common? I have certainly never come across this feeling before. Today I took some anti-inflammatory which eased it off a bit and I have been using a gel the doctor gave me but it didn't really work. I know that padding my hand-piece of my drill may help slightly to stop the knuckle becoming even more irritated! And I have just been on a break to Scotland for 5 days and it still hurts even away from my job!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am very worried because my salon is so very busy and I am frightened to death of something happening to my hand!

Many thanks!

Lydz :cry: xxx
you should try find out a bit on "white finger"
The hand-arm vibration syndrome causes bouts of 'white finger'. It may also cause permanent numbness of fingers. It is caused by working with vibrating tools. It would be unusual for you to develop hand-arm vibration syndrome unless you had used vibrating tools for at least ten years. If you stop working with vibrating tools it may prevent mild symptoms from getting worse but you should search into this as u never know xx

you should try find out a bit on "white finger"
The hand-arm vibration syndrome causes bouts of 'white finger'. It may also cause permanent numbness of fingers. It is caused by working with vibrating tools. It would be unusual for you to develop hand-arm vibration syndrome unless you had used vibrating tools for at least ten years. If you stop working with vibrating tools it may prevent mild symptoms from getting worse but you should search into this as u never know xx

Wow... I've never heard of that.. I've just googled it and that sounds more like it!

Let that be a lesson to all who use vibrating tools :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back