Painting children's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loulouxo

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm a new nail tech, and was hoping someone could give some advice on children's nails. My niece wants her nails done for her 6th birthday. Would you just put regular polish straight on to the nail, without any prep, etc? I would never dream of using gel polish! Is Vinylux ok to use? Or maybe just a drug store one? She loves glitters and neons, but I've only done this with gel!
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks

Louise

We do kids nails at my salon, we do a bit of cuticle pushing and filing and paint with vinylux

I don't as a general rule do kids nails, but vinylux is fine. I do cuticle work and file the shape. I paint all 10 nails, then go back and paint 5, go back and glitter those and then paint the next 5 and then glitter those. I'd then do 2 topcoats.

Thank you for the info I struggle to time the glitter application over Vinylux right! I was thinking maybe mixing some glitter with topcoat, and paint over? I'm going to experiment at home today.

Yes, that will work, but will give a lighter application of glitter than mine.

It always seems spot on for my painting speed, but you could always sprinkle the glitter onto the colour if your not sure of the timing.

Latest posts

Back