Pamper eve at a school

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazBeautica

Reaction score
Hi as the titile says a lady has contacted me to ask if i'd be interested in a pamper eve at a school near by, i believe its a primary school. Its at the end of april and starts at 7.30. Shes yet to send on an email with all the detials. Ive read lots of threads already on pamper eve's and events. Im thinking of offering mini mani's so file, cuticle work, polish. I also offer Gelish normally so maybe could do one finger so show them how great it is? Do u think i could do eyebrow shapes as well? or is this all too much?

I have in my head now to take my couch, a table with prices lists, a voucher with money off for the following month. Retail??

please help with any tips or advice x

Just realised i should have popped this in the biz geek. :rolleyes:

Ah don't worry Hun, if it needs to be moved a mod will do that.

As for the pamper evening, keep it simple. File and polish including cuticle work is good if your confident you can do these in a relatively short space of time.
I would steer clear of one finger gelish as then client just has one nail done and that could be annoying! If you want to offer gelish then you may only fit about 3 people in and the idea is to promote your business as much as possible to as many people as possible. You need to get your money's worth for you slot! You can chat to your polish clients about Gelish at the time and give out leaflets.

Hth

E x

That's exactly what I do ElleBelle. I've done loads of these events and for some unknown reason, have never got a client out of it. I can't figure out why. All my clients are now word of mouth, really happy with the service as they keep coming back and I'm really busy, so not complaining but I just find it odd. Maybe it's the punter's frame of mind, perhaps they don't think they're going to get quality technicians at these events???

I have also done a few now, still no new clients from them though but I do enjoy them (early days). If you want to use your lamp make sure that you will have a source of electricity nearby without extension leads trailing across the floor. I do agree with Ellebelle that File and polish would be best. You need to get a quick turnaround and waiting for curing under a lamp is "dead" time and also a customer with only one 5 Star nail. The last one I did went great, earnt some "easy" money and got so much good feedback and I only spent about 15 minutes per client.
Another quick tip, make sure you take "everyday" color polishes. I took some great dramatic colors but Pastel Pinks ended up the most popular as they could happily go to work and or school ( teaching assistants) with mellow colors.
Good luck and let us know how it goes

Regards
Nikki

I have also done a few now, still no new clients from them though but I do enjoy them (early days). If you want to use your lamp make sure that you will have a source of electricity nearby without extension leads trailing across the floor. I do agree with Ellebelle that File and polish would be best. You need to get a quick turnaround and waiting for curing under a lamp is "dead" time and also a customer with only one 5 Star nail. The last one I did went great, earnt some "easy" money and got so much good feedback and I only spent about 15 minutes per client.
Another quick tip, make sure you take "everyday" color polishes. I took some great dramatic colors but Pastel Pinks ended up the most popular as they could happily go to work and or school ( teaching assistants) with mellow colors.
Good luck and let us know how it goes

Regards
Nikki

Yes if you have a light or anything you'll need to be by a plug and in a school hall that's not necessarily the case, unless you specifically ask! I tend to treat these events as a little money maker and any extra clients a bonus

E x

Hi all, I did one last week for the first time and to be honest I did better than the girl doing mini manis. She had 3 15 minute manicures at £7 all evening and I had 3 Gelish/Gelicure's at £20! The school had already booked mine and I had 4 but one lady couldn't wait and I wouldn't really have had time either. People were stopping to watch too and taking flyers. The only thing I would say is not to offer French as it takes too long. I made this mistake and had to do one and felt a bit under pressure.

That's exactly what I do ElleBelle. I've done loads of these events and for some unknown reason, have never got a client out of it. I can't figure out why. All my clients are now word of mouth, really happy with the service as they keep coming back and I'm really busy, so not complaining but I just find it odd. Maybe it's the punter's frame of mind, perhaps they don't think they're going to get quality technicians at these events???

I agree I've have found the same thing. I think you have to really sell yourself and sell what you do as much as you can.They get a lovely file and polish cheap but you need to let them know about everything else you do. I was at one last week, they wanted me to do feet as no one else was, I reluctantly agreed. As expected no-one wanted feet, they all had shoes on. I offered foot exfoliation and massage. Still only got 3 takers. So I gave them my price list and totally plugged all my treatments and raved about how convenient my clients found me being mobile -hopefully I'll get a call. I didn't make any money as after I'd paid my table and gave raffle prize I broke even. I then spent £10 on a tarot read! So yes, not productive but a learning curve. I will never agree to do feet again and will stick to what I want!!

Ex

We have a pamper evening on 31st March - I have never organised anything like this before and am really worried lol

Aside from me doing nail services, there are various other tables ( 9 others confirmed ) and there is a ticket price on the door for clients and then mini treatments at between £3 and £5 each throughout the evening which lasts from 7pm til 10:30pm :D

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed it goes well! xx

I've done 2 now and I agree, not a peep of a client...yet! Although I did get a client from the raffle prize I gave (free facial + her daughter had a full paying one too, win!)

The first one I did heated mitts/booties + bit of massage. They all loved it but no clients from it :(

Second one I did threading and that was better, still no clients from it at the moment but it was only a week ago so I'm sure I'll get one or two. I made them write down their email addresses in exchange for a gift voucher (I had these in a bowl in envelopes) so maybe they will use their vouchers! x

Forgot to say that 2 of the 3 I did on pamper night have rebooked so I think if they see what u can do its better than just hearing about it.

The lady has sent me a email now and shes making a booklet about the therapists? stall holders and what were offering on the night our contact details and obviously this is fantastic for advertising as people can hold on to it for future reference.

The time slots are up to us and whatever we want to offer treatment wise on the night, the only thing is there are 2-3 other therapists/nail techs doing mini mani's (which is what i kinda decided on) so she has suggested something else alongside mini mani to give myself an edge and that way people might book more with myself for something different. I was thinking eyebrow shapes?not necessarily with wax. As regards to price i was thinking 20 mins for mini mani's at £8.00 and eyebrow shape 15 mins slots at 10.00. These are the prices on my price list but does this seem to much for pamper eve? x

Anyone any advice at all?x

How did your event go? xx

Latest posts

Back