Paraffin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidi14

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

Just a quick question...

How do you apply your paraffin wax? Paint it on? Or dip in the hand/foot?

I was trained to take some paraffin wax and put it into a seperate bowl (lined with tin foil) and paint it on, that way its more hygenic because you are not using the brush on their hands or feet and then putting it back into the paraffin wax and you can check the temprature of the wax better rather than them putting their hand and feet in and finding it too hot but I know a lot of salons do just dip the whole hand or foot in.

HTH

xx

When i was at college we decanted it in a bowl and painted it on the skin with a brush, although its really hard to clean the brush!. But when i work in a spa in Canada they use tissues! you hold the corners dunk the tissue in swish it back and forth wipe the end against the side so it doesnt drip, and the wrap the cients hands. It will take a few tissues to completly wrap the hand, its so effective you dont use at much wax and when you take it off theres no wax left behind! its great hope that helps xx

When i was at college we decanted it in a bowl and painted it on the skin with a brush, although its really hard to clean the brush!. But when i work in a spa in Canada they use tissues! you hold the corners dunk the tissue in swish it back and forth wipe the end against the side so it doesnt drip, and the wrap the cients hands. It will take a few tissues to completly wrap the hand, its so effective you dont use at much wax and when you take it off theres no wax left behind! its great hope that helps xx

I've never heard of that method!! May have to give it a try. Is it messy??

we were taught to dip strip like bandages into wax a wrap around hand or foot..less mess

You would only dip the hand and foot in something that is going to be thrown away. Can you imagine dipping your hands or feet into the same wax everyone else had been in. Ew not a nice thought!
Like the others have said...put some wax into a bowl and paint it on with a paraffin wax brush xxx

After a manicure or pedicure service and after testing the temperature of the wax, I dip the hands or feet into the parrafin bath. Any wax that comes into contact with the skin stays on the skin. After use the wax which has been used is disposed. I feel confident that my service is both hygienic and comfortable for the client.:)

I guess everyone has their own preference.

if you wipe the tissue against the wax bath edge its not that messy, depends how far you have to go from wax bath to client hands. xx

my paraffin heater is always to hot, have the wax full to the guided line, its only has one setting so not too hot
any ideas?

I use paraffin as part of the hand treatment and foot treatment. This means before they use the paraffin their hands/ feet are cleansed/ salt scrubed/ massaged/ mask and a moisturizer is applied THEN dipped into paraffin bath (any way the touches them stays on them and is disposed of)

Latest posts

Back