party nails/weekenders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy w

Reaction score
Hi all,
When applying party nails/weekenders could you lay down a layer of Brisa Gel?

Thanks
Kathy

Hi Kathy, when i do party nails i do apply a thin layer of my NSI Balance Gel, so i dont see any reason why you couldnt x

Kellyc said:
Hi Kathy, when i do party nails i do apply a thin layer of my NSI Balance Gel, so i dont see any reason why you couldnt x
most people i know like them as i dont put any gel/l&p on them i just apply the nail blend and polish last 2-5 days hth x

I beleive the session workers use a thin coat of a brush on resin (as used in wrap systems) this keeps in thin and tempory..

Fab Freak said:
I beleive the session workers use a thin coat of a brush on resin (as used in wrap systems) this keeps in thin and tempory..

Yep that's how I would do it quick and easy

Dawnie xxxx

Which brush on resin would you suggest :D

Call me stupid but what are weekend nails?

Sally hun the only question that is stupid is one that isn't asked, so if you don't understand/ know something then ask, how else will you learn?

Weekend nails, also called 24 hour nails / party nails / temporary nails, are basically nail extensions without the overlay of gel or l&p, or the fibreglass and resin on the top ie it's just the tips. They are great for people who can't for some reason have full blown enhancements ie nurses, people who work with food, horses etc, but need nice nails for a special event.

HTH

ive started offering weekend nails just blended then polished. My only question is should the client soak them off to get them off?? I have visions of clients picking them off and damaging their nails. Thats the only reason i ask. What would be the acceptable method of removal to instruct your client.

I advise them to soak them with acetone and a few drops of baby oil and allow them to fully melt off - the baby oil helps to moisturise.

Sassy Hassy said:
I advise them to soak them with acetone and a few drops of baby oil and allow them to fully melt off - the baby oil helps to moisturise.
How long will they take if there is no overlay on them at all?? never thought of adding baby oil!!!

thanx

they only take about 5-10 mins to soak off - the baby oil stops you getting that horrible white appearance as well.

Just a quick question - roughly how much do you charge for weekend nails with just a coat of polish?

x :hug:

It would take me about 30 -45 mins to apply the tips and about 15 mins for the polish to apply and dry enough for the client to leave the salon, so I charge £20 - the same price I charge for infills which take about the same time.

another daft question...there have been a couple of occassions when i have applied tips to myself intending to then overlay with L&P but have then gone off to do something else unexpectedly (usually involves ferrying children around). i have found with just the blended tips only and no L&P, it really hurts if you catch your nails ...if you are doing 'weekenders' do you use more of the well so they are a little stronger...
any help please....

I dont cut out the well of the tip at all to allow maximum coverage, I also don't blend as fully as I would when applying an overlay, just til they are smooth enough so as not to have a ridge - they are normally polished over so you don't need a blendless seamline and this helps to add a little more strength .

Thanks everyone found this a really interesting thread and although i was aware of party nails didnt really know what affect to achieve and now i do
so many thanks

Lucia
x

i have just offered to do these "party nails" for a mate for £3 quid :eek:
but i did only learn to do them properly last night in college,well we were doing our first acrylic tip and overlay,but at the blending tip stage tutor told us they were basicly "party nails" so i had a go when i got home and i love them!
they are great for most of my mates as a lot of them do care work so cant keep nails on.
my friend has been on at me to do her some acrylics since she found out i started manicure :eek: even though i told her i didnt really know how to do them properly,"she said it didnt matter!" but i knew i would wreck her nails if i started messing around!
so i just approached her and showed her the party nails and said i could do those,shes over the moon lol she abserloutly loved them!
i have always had a mess about with my own nails but im so happy that now i know about prep and aftercare ect...
i thought that when im qualified i will charge £7.00 for "party nails" does this sound ok,as i wont drum up much business round here so while starting off i want to gain as many clients as possible really, i will probably just use my cheap start off prices as special offers,then hopefully there wont be too much moaning when i put my prices up lol :wink2:
anyway i just wanted to ask a question,....when applying party nails do i still take the shine if the whole natural nail or just the free edge? and the same with the nail prep,do i do the whole nail of just the area where the tip will go?
thankyou xxx

when i do party nails i use the full tips which i [place near the cuticle no blending and place an over lay on them to thicken them up and then put polish on this is what i was taught at college
jenny

emmsybabes! said:
i thought that when im qualified i will charge £7.00 for "party nails" does this sound ok,as i wont drum up much business round here so while starting off i want to gain as many clients as possible really, i will probably just use my cheap start off prices as special offers,then hopefully there wont be too much moaning when i put my prices up lol :wink2:
Not sure about how much this is but sounds too cheap. i think it was Sassy that said she charges same as infill. I agree with this. tips are expensive and it's not a quick service..
I think it's best to start out with quality products you'll find them easier to work with.
Just my suggestion
  • Have prices for while your doing your course.
  • Another set of prices for after you graduate for a set amount of time (maybe 6 months)
  • Another set of prices after that (full price if you feel your ready or another 3-6 months)
Explain this to people from the start so they know what they are getting and what to expect in the future. If people have an idea of how long they'll get student rates, practising rates and full price then they can't complain when you raise your prices. I like the idea of a news lettter outlining everything, I often do them to keep my clients up to date with things ( and then they have everything in writing so they can't say they didn't know)

Latest posts

Back