Patch test ok - still allergic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milliondollars

Reaction score
Hi all,
I did a friend of mine's lash perm and tint about 6 weeks ago. Did a patch test 48 hours before as usual. Did lash perm then a couple of days later did the tint and brow tint. All fine. So she called me next day said her eyes were a bit swollen and sore and itchy. Went to see her and looked like a mild allergy/irritation. She wears contact lenses so told her to wear glasses till it settles down. She said they went a bit dry/salt over next few days and then settled down.
So went to do her eyes again and patch tested throughly with quite a large blob 48 hrs before. All fine. But then the same thing happens again after I had finished the treatments! She is having same reaction...
I can't work out what she would be allergic to, as I use same tint on her lashes as her brows and no probs there. I do mix blue in with tint for her eyes, would that make a difference? The couple of days after her perm she said it was fine so am assuming must be tint but why would this not show up on patch test???

Any help would be amazing. Sorry for long post but am so confused, has never happened to me before! Xx

Bumpity bump bump!!! :D:D

It could also be another product irritating her eyes, like a make up remover or even something in your cotton pads? Your eyes are more sensitive anyway, it's sounds more like an irritation than a complete reaction. Test the other things and see if you get the same results you may have to stop in case she does become really sensitive and the results get worse.

Thanks for that. I will have a look at the other thing I use but I do quite a few treatments on her but I think it is the tint that upsets her eyes. I might try a different brand and see if that helps xx

Latest posts

Back