Patch Tests for Eye tints - Moible Geeks! Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinaballerina

Reaction score
Hey Geeks,

I remember a really good thread on here that discussed this but for some reason my search facility is not working grr!!

What I want to know is for all you mobile geeks what do you do for an eyelash/eyebrow tint as of course you have to give a patch test before doing these treatments.

To go to a client and do a patch test before treatment would obivously be eaing into my proffit beacuse of the petrol & my time do you thinking posting a patch test would be silly? was going to seal it in a small container and put a cotton bud in with it & instructions....

What do you think & What do you do?!

Many Thanks :D

You only need to do it the first time, ya silly cookie !
then if they want them done again and again, you know its ok, heeheehee

and besides, you'd probably pay just as much on postage, have you tried to post anything recently, it's a tenner if you want them to lick the stamp for you :irked:

I offer sets of treatments ( as I don't want to drive x amount of miles for a couple of quid) when these sets of treatments need a patch test I take a deposit the day of patch test, then if they cancel treatment at least I have covered my cost, and as said above if they re book they don't need another test so it works out ok to just bite the bullet to gain a new customer. And you can offer all ur clients patch tests when u see them (even if they are having something completely diff just so its on record that if in the future they want a tint) or you could let them come to you-but being mobile they expect u to them.

I know a patch test isn't rocket science but I don't think u should leave the task to clients as they might not bother and then have a reaction.

All home hair dye kits say do a patch test and I can't say I know one person who dyes there own hair who has actually carried it out.

thanks for your replys!

Yes I know you only need to do one patch test but I have 3 clients to do thats all!

I will drive to them :) thanks for your replys :) xx

Your actually meant to re test every 6 months (from my training 8years ago, mind)

I'd check with insurance company. The problem you might have is...they don't do the test if you post it or they do the test but they then react and can hold you responsible as they could clam you never did a patch test you'd have no proof. In the long run, your better off spending the time and money doing the patch test as this is cheaper then going to court ; ) x

I always drive to my clients as in the long run, at least you know they've had it done. I know it's a pain, but I'd rather do this than something happen x

Latest posts

Back