Patchy lowlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Buzz

Reaction score
I put a few lowlights through a clients hair which was previously highlighted with a mix of tint and bleach. The colour came out fine (i used majirel 6.34 and 7 with 3%) however there were a few small patchy spots where the colour didnt take which were quite noticable on her poker straight hair although luckily not on the top. I thought I used a enough tint and worked it in with the brush. This has never happened to me before, does anyone know of another reason for the colour being patchy or do you think i need to spend more time working the colour in??

Did you weave or slice? if weaving, you need to really work the tint in, spreading the hairs out a bit. Slices should be thin.

I weaved a fine section with a medium weave, I really used a lot of tint to try and tone down the blonde although i dont get why there were small spots of bleached hair showing through, guess i need to spend more time working the colour through with the brush!!

Do you use your pin tail comb to fold the foils. If you do then you could have wiped the tint off when you took it out and then there was no product in the fold. Do you see what I mean with it, the first fold. If its in the right area for the fold in the foild then it could be it. X

how would you recommend folding the foils for lowlights or is easy meche better?
Thanks

how would you recommend folding the foils for lowlights or is easy meche better?
Thanks

I fold mine with my fingers just by grabbing the sides, once to cover the ends then fold it over again. I only lightly tap my foils I never wipe them like some I've seen.

I fold mine with my fingers just by grabbing the sides, once to cover the ends then fold it over again. I only lightly tap my foils I never wipe them like some I've seen.

I do the same as this. I don't fold them into little packets either. X

Latest posts

Back