Patchy tan 5 days after!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caro

Reaction score
I've just had a message from the salon I work in saying that a client had rung to say her tan has gone patchy. They had their tan done on FRIDAY! The client has been to me before but asked to be darker this time so I used Sienna 10%. I've suggested it may be too dark for her but she says the 8% also went the same way (the client didn't mention this before) she says her daughters is the same.

I've a feeling they're after freebies for this weekend but I might just be getting old and sceptical? Has anyone else had any issues with Sienna 10%?

I always advise that fade off is between 5-7 days and if aftercare instructions haven't been followed it will fade off patchy. Had they used any moisturisers etc. before you sprayed.

It's a cosmetic treatment dependent on The body's skin will determine the length it lasts. (Obviously you know this)
Also if your client took a swim in a pool with chlorine or sat in hot juccuzi or took a bath with lots of salts the same could happen so quite honestly I think they after free bee.

And if you given her a take home aftercare sheet then your don't have to worry.
She went against your recommendations and so the effect is her problem.
I tell all clients that too dark means more of a noticeable patch off compared to the actual lighter colours.

And to spray over a pre existing colour will be a disaster anyhow !

Latest posts

Back